Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page Week 12  Blocks 23 & 24 >

The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page Week 12 Blocks 23 & 24

The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page Week 12 Blocks 23 & 24

Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by Suzanne57
I'm still working on 24 too. I finally got a job and training is exhausting me. I come home and don't feel like doing anything. But I will get caught up before next week. I drafted it in Quilt Assistant and clicked the paper piecing tab but it didn't do it right and I had to go back in and manually rename some of the pieces.
Suzanne, If you go to the FWS Yahoo site there is a Foundation PP file for all of the blocks. They can now be exchanged without any type of penalty. I now have EQ7 and don't even have to use it. All you have to do is download the # block you need--the work is already done for you. Isn't that great?
Well, I signed on the FWS Yahoo site and spent a half hour filling out forms and was never allowed into the secret FWS group. I just kept seeing the same page that confirmed my completed form. Can you give me the www. address? At this point I don't know if I'm approved or not. Thanks for letting me let off steam and I hope I'll be able to paper piece some of the blocks since I enjoy paper piecing rather than templates. Again, thanks. Belles
Old 10-20-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Belles
Originally Posted by Suzanne57
I'm still working on 24 too. I finally got a job and training is exhausting me. I come home and don't feel like doing anything. But I will get caught up before next week. I drafted it in Quilt Assistant and clicked the paper piecing tab but it didn't do it right and I had to go back in and manually rename some of the pieces.
Suzanne, If you go to the FWS Yahoo site there is a Foundation PP file for all of the blocks. They can now be exchanged without any type of penalty. I now have EQ7 and don't even have to use it. All you have to do is download the # block you need--the work is already done for you. Isn't that great?
Well, I signed on the FWS Yahoo site and spent a half hour filling out forms and was never allowed into the secret FWS group. I just kept seeing the same page that confirmed my completed form. Can you give me the www. address? At this point I don't know if I'm approved or not. Thanks for letting me let off steam and I hope I'll be able to paper piece some of the blocks since I enjoy paper piecing rather than templates. Again, thanks. Belles
Hi Belle, After I get on yahoo I click on groups and them my groups come up and I click on FWSGroup and then files.

I didn't have a problem being approved. Check back. I think I had to introduce myself to the group and let them know where I want my emails sent to. Have you done all that yet?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 PM

Okay, This is for all the ladies that have an EQ program and know how to use it.

If a person were to take the PDF block that is sized for 6 inches and make it a 3 inch block--what % would you set the printer at to get it to that size? I'm referring to the PP foundation blocks that we can use from the Yahoo site. Anne
Old 10-21-2010, 02:15 AM

50% ?
I am having the same problem as Belles. I was acceped but now can't get signed on.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 AM

Okay, This is for all the ladies that have an EQ program and know how to use it.

If a person were to take the PDF block that is sized for 6 inches and make it a 3 inch block--what % would you set the printer at to get it to that size? I'm referring to the PP foundation blocks that we can use from the Yahoo site. Anne
I don't know, but I was wondering if there were a way that we could import the blocks into our EQ so we could resize and print any size easily?
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nanjun
50% ?
I am having the same problem as Belles. I was acceped but now can't get signed on.
Hi All, I wrote to a moderator of the FWS Group on Yahoo and she replied to me that after you sign up there's an email from the group sent to you that you needed to respond to in order to avoid spamming. She said that sometimes the email will go to the spam file so check your spam fille to see if it's there.
Also noted that there are alot of people joining just to get their files and not contributing anything to the group and then dropping out-I don't think that's right either. I started an album to showcase my blocks to date and I do respond occasionally to some of the posted messages. It wouldn't hurt for others to do the same. Hope everyone gets to read this. Anne
Old 10-21-2010, 06:37 AM

50% ?
Hi All, I wrote to a moderator of the FWS Group on Yahoo and she replied to me that after you sign up there's an email from the group sent to you that you needed to respond to in order to avoid spamming. She said that sometimes the email will go to the spam file so check your spam fille to see if it's there.
Also noted that there are alot of people joining just to get their files and not contributing anything to the group and then dropping out-I don't think that's right either. I started an album to showcase my blocks to date and I do respond occasionally to some of the posted messages. It wouldn't hurt for others to do the same. Hope everyone gets to read this. Anne
Anne, I agree!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:56 AM

Honchey,
I am also signed up on the yahoo group and have posted my blocks there. But I definitely consider our group to be my home group since we all started at teh same time. My blocks from the pp or foundation piecing method come out a bit bigger but I figure I will just trim them. It is really worth it for me with the smaller pieced blocks. Otherwise I would have a big mess.
Roxanne

50% ?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 PM

Oops!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:33 PM

I just finished Block 23. Woo Hoo!! Already goofed on the paper piecing for 24. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, just call me Scarlett.