Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Birthday/Christmas present >

My Birthday/Christmas present

My Birthday/Christmas present

Old 12-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
Really like your cabinet. Can you use this with any sewing machine? I'm looking for one myself but don't know where to start.
Bought it at Citrus Sew, and we got a great deal - more than half price!!! It's a Horn, and yes, I think it is generic. The plexiglass insert is fitted to your machine.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Wow! New work space - I love it!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:41 PM

I love the space you have and what a nice man to help!!! I do wonder about something though, and this does apply to all who have their machines up against a wall. How do you ever quilt with that set up? I need room - about 4 feet beyond my machine to feel comfortable when sewing/quilting? I notice that many have limited space, but wonder why not face OUT instead of in?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:48 PM

Love it, but I agree with Deb's comment--quilters need big work spaces. My DH made a very large worktable for my machine so I can put the whole quilt on it when using the Bernina. You can put a rectangular table behind the cabinet up against the wall (fill the corner). Then when you FMQ, the weight of the quilt will rest on the table and won't be able to slide off the other side cause the walls will stop it.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
I love the space you have and what a nice man to help!!! I do wonder about something though, and this does apply to all who have their machines up against a wall. How do you ever quilt with that set up? I need room - about 4 feet beyond my machine to feel comfortable when sewing/quilting? I notice that many have limited space, but wonder why not face OUT instead of in?
Well, as for me, I don't really have a choice. This room is only 11X12 and it has a futon and an armoire just beyond this shot. Guess I'll see how hard it will be soon, but I think that if I just pull it away from the wall slightly it will allow for everything to fall behind the machine. I'm just happy to have a table at all. I've been sewing for almost 50 years and this is my first table!

Yup! I have the best DH ever! For HIS birthday two years ago, he bought my Janome. I am truly blessed!
Old 12-19-2010, 02:14 PM

very nice outfit...wonderful present.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

What wonderful gifts and hubby!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
Happy Birthday/Christmas!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Great Birthday/Christmas present, Happy B-Day and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:58 PM

What a wonderful hubby you have! Mine is a keeper too!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by shopbelt
Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Well, as for me, I don't really have a choice. This room is only 11X12 and it has a futon and an armoire just beyond this shot. Guess I'll see how hard it will be soon, but I think that if I just pull it away from the wall slightly it will allow for everything to fall behind the machine. I'm just happy to have a table at all. I've been sewing for almost 50 years and this is my first table!

Yup! I have the best DH ever! For HIS birthday two years ago, he bought my Janome. I am truly blessed!

Congratulations, you deserve it!