Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers >

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Gramakitten
Hi everyone I am the lucky person to join your group. I want any pattern the scrappier the better but in Thirties fabrics.
Oh thirties will be fun! Can't wait to see what everyone does with your quilt! :)
Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 AM

Hey everyone! Just wanted to "pop" in and let you know that I am here and accounted for! Looking fwd to getting to know all of you and seeing all the wonderful quilts we create together.

I am still trying to come up with a name too...
Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 AM

Some name ideas, just brainstorming:
Stash-a-holics
Seamrippers - I know I certainly use mine all too often :)
Fabric Fanatics
Old 12-31-2010, 04:31 PM

Some great ideas for names Pamela... Glad to hear from you! Once everyone has contributed we'll make the list and take a vote! I think the holidays have everyone occupied right now ;)

Just also wanted to take a quick moment to say to all of you: Please have a safe holiday this evening and enjoy your New Year's Eve celebrations! Much happiness and prosperity for 2011!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 PM

hi everyone made one block and all exicted than new years eve dh was in a car wreck everyone doing good except car is tolled and the state was in wrong working on trifface lights and gave every one a green ligtht. you know how that goes but hope to get back to blocks. just wanted to let everyone know why i havent said hi
Old 01-03-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ebellot
hi everyone made one block and all exicted than new years eve dh was in a car wreck everyone doing good except car is tolled and the state was in wrong working on trifface lights and gave every one a green ligtht. you know how that goes but hope to get back to blocks. just wanted to let everyone know why i havent said hi
OMIGOD, I'm so thankful that you are all okay... obviously you've alot on your hands right now, so I'm sure we all understand... I'm surprised you've even got the focus to get those blocks done! Hopefully things will go in a much more positive direction as the year progresses and if there's anything we all can do - let us know.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:57 PM

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a great start to the new year thus far.

As of today, the only member we haven't heard a "check in" from just yet is Skeet, so we'll wait a few more days (till 1/8/11) to see if she checks in, as I've sent PM's to her on the existance of this thread prior. Given the possibility that she and her family may still be settling in from the holidays/or travels, or something may have happenned - I don't want to be premature in contacting Bookworm to know whether or not she has heard anything on her participation in our group. As a result, a little more time is in order to make sure all is alright with her. If not, we'll make a few more efforts to PM her, and if we don't hear back - I'll let Bookworm know in case she needs to determine if there will be any additional changes to our group if there so happens to be any issue with Skeet's participation. (I'm hoping all is ok :))

In the meantime, if the rest of us can get our suggestions and then our votes up for a group name by no later than: 01/10/2011 (extended from the original date of tommorrow) - that would be great. I don't really want our group to continue to be known as "To Be Determined", LOL... and I want us all to have a say in what we should be known as - so I really appreciate the input.

As for a quick status on my own row, I worked on the color scheme yesterday and finalized the fabric purchase, now I'm making the final plans on the block designs, so I endeavor to get cutting and working on my row here in just a few days time after my travels. I can't wait to hear of & see how everyone else is doing - so please share with us and provide pictures if you'd like at this juncture!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 AM

Hello everyone. Have a couple of names. not good with nameing anything. Rocking Row Robbins; Lucky Rowers have to go to work now but will be back on after seven
Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 AM

love the name Lucky Rowers.

Does anyone mind if I change my theme to Christmas? I would love another Christmas quilt. Any blocks just use Christmas fabrics. Thanks G/K Kathi
Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 AM

ebellot - So sorry to hear about the rough start of your new year, glad everyone was ok though.

I like a combo of the two names "Rockin' Rowers"!

I haven't started my blocks as of yet, though I have started gathering all of my red, black, and white pieces and some block patterns I want to do.

Gramakitten - Christmas sounds great - give me a reason not to put the christmas fabric away yet! I love Christmas!