Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Hell would freeze over... :lol:

But he does his fair share of the housekeeping, all the cooking, doesn't say a word to me about how much time or money I spend quilting, listens patiently to my "somebody on QB said" stories and admires everything I make.

So he helps in his own way.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:19 AM

How sweet! Mine helps me with anything related to math. He teaches Mathematics so that's a natural for him. He's also been known to run errands to LQS, cover buttons with fabric (he's really good at that) and make templates for me when I used those. I think he would do just about anything except sew the pieces for me, but he works a lot of hours for his job so I try to keep my quilting requests to a minimum. He also doesn't cook, but that's just as well for all of us. He jokes about boiled toast and crunchy scrambled eggs. He really is rather pitiful in the kitchen!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:25 AM

Mine is absolutely no help and would throw out all of my quilting "junk" if he was ever left in charge of my stash. If anything ever happens to me my daughter and best quilting buddy have specific instructions about rescuing my treasures before the dump truck shows up.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:35 AM

Mine is really good about helping when I make a scrappy quilt. He has a really good eye for color balance. On my last qayg project the front was scrappy 9 patch and the back was same size one piece squares, all scraps. He helped me lay that out so they were evenly distributed too- no small feat as he was also helping position the front at the same time. The finished quilt was just right, with his help. I really enjoyed his input. He also enjoys helping me choose borders. His good eye is helpful there, too. He feels good then when we give it as a gift - it's from him too. :-)
Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Banned

Mine helps me pick fabrics. I don't think either of us has very good color sense, but at least we have fun with it...
Old 02-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Mine helps by enabling.

He lets me do whatever I want to do (not that he could ever stop me). Never criticizes the money I spend, the classes I take or the time I spend. He enables by going to LQS's with me and pointing out pretty fabrics.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Mine is my advisor/inspector and helps with the shopping too. But no cutting or sewing for him!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:05 AM

mine will cook clean and build or fix but nothing with sewing except check book
Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 AM

My hubby will (reluctantly) hold the quilts up so I can take pictures. He complains when I sew, but loves the ones I make. Occasionally he will shop with me. When he does, I spend a lot more than I would on my own. :)
Old 02-07-2011, 09:19 AM

hubby likes to cut, grumbles about ripping- but who doesn't-- doesn't mind snipping between all my chain piecing and is a great cook besides. Yesterday, changed quilt on bed to a red and white one for the upcoming Holiday (Valentine's Day-also my son's 23 birthday) plus flannel PINK sheets after the big game he headed to bed came back out saying I MUST BE MARRIED or gay, to be sleeping on fuzzy pink sheets!!! gotta love them...