Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QB- Good and Bad >

QB- Good and Bad

QB- Good and Bad

Old 07-10-2011, 08:05 PM

Joy, my name is Joy too, and I too am not too particular. I do not pre-wash, partly because I hate to iron, seams are not perfect, although I like to think they are getting better. Remember JOY in in our heart always. Enjoy.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by mizkyp
Joy, you are a quilter. Fancy machines, 1/4 inch seams, and fabric dont make the quilt. It's the love that goes into the quilt that matters.
Happy quilting,
Margie
I agree 100%. If any of us was perfect, we would be walking on water.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:24 PM

Charisma is an extraordinary quilter but most of the rest of us are just like you. We love to quilt but are just average quilters but that doesn't matter to whoever we give our quilts to as they are happy to receive them. Keep up your good work.
May in Jersey
Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 PM

I too love your avatar. Remember that machines do not make the quilter. Here at quilting board I know we are all here to support one another. If you are ever feeling down please pm me. What kind of quilt are you working on now? Please remember we care about you. Everyone doesn't quilt the same way. :)
Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 PM

I AM FAIRLY NEW HERE, ENJOY ALL I READ AND SEE. SO MANY PICS AND INFORMATION TO CONSUME. I FELT AS THOUGH I AM NOT A QUILTER OR NEVER WILL B. YET, I DECIDED I AM ME AND WHAT I DO IS THE BEST I CAN. MOST OF ALL IF I TRY AND ENJOY, THAT IS WHAT COUNTS. NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD THE BEST, YET IT ALL WORKS WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. SO JUST ENJOY WHAT YOU DO AND SHARE, CHAT AND HELP OTHERS. THIS HAS BEEN GREAT FOR ME AND LEARNING. EVERYONE IS SO NICE. JUST KEEP QUILTING AND HAVE AN OPEN MIND, ENJOY...RELAX AND HAVE FUN.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 PM

Do not compare your work to anyone on the baord. And as the Bard wrote 'to thou own self be true.' You quilt therefore you are a great quilter! How much money someone spends on material does not a quilter make. If you love what you do than it is always good!
Welcome to the board, take from it what you need to make any improvments, because we learn until we die, and pray for those who are in need of strength.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 PM

I think your a Hero!!!!!!
To be quilting and taking care of your family like your doing means your someone very special in this world!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 PM

I think your a Hero!!!!!!
To be quilting and taking care of your family like your doing means your someone very special in this world!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 PM

Joy, you are indeed a quilter and be proud of your achievements. I have been quilting for over 25 years and will always be a 'newbie' - new to different techniques, patterns, ideas, gadgets and quilting (free motion = forever moaning)

I used to be a perfectionist with my quilts but about 3 years ago I was so frustrated with everyone telling me to do this and do that, I almost gave up quilting. I didn't thank goodness but now I do my 'own thing', am open to suggestions if I ask for them but have never been happier in my quilting journey.

Mind you, that doesn't stop me drooling all over the computer screen whenever I look at the beautiful quilts on QB !
Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 PM

wow sounds like me lol. I don't worry what every body else thinks as long as my family likes them they are the ones I try to please.i just like to quilt it helps take away the hours and this board takes up a lot of time to.