Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >
  • CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

• CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the link to studiokat...I found a lot of free projects I liked and I especially like her free patterns!

I like the krackers idea, would really work for my extended family with just a little something for everyone in them. Perfect for just fun!
    Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 PM

Hi: Thanks for posting the links: This gives me some ideas for my gifts this christmas: shortfidler n Alabama
    Old 08-18-2010, 05:42 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by adrianlee
    Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
    Originally Posted by grandma Janice
    This year I am cross stitching some nice somewhat simple pictures. Just will need to get them framed. I also have been giving them all home made orniments. some quilted, some cross stitched. they all seem to expect something I made.
    That's how my family is with Christmas Ornaments. I've been making them since my kids were small. Now...I'm running out of ideas. Every year I say I'm gonna stop making them but then I just can't....LOL It's to hard to stop a tradition. So...if anybody has any ornament idea's I'm listening/reading.

Thank you,
    Mish :0)
    Do you crochet, Mish? I belong to a crochet snowflake group and you can really build a nice variety of snowflakes.
    Have you tried punch needle embroidery? I love it and you can make wonderful ornaments with it..here are some I have done...
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-99330.jpe  
    Old 08-18-2010, 05:45 PM

I also have gone the ornament route in the past...mini stockings (several different crocheted ones as well as various ones from fabric), several styles and sizes of angels, snowmen, snowflakes, clothespin reindeer, bead and chenille stick wreaths and candy canes, claydough gingerbread men and other shapes, crocheted doily type covered satin balls, ribbon trimmed satin balls, folded ribbon or fabric covered styrofoam balls & eggs (pinecone), various plastic canvas and counted cross stitch ones, and my MIL made some really cute ones with plastic miniatures (teddy bear, deer, etc.) and clear plastic pill bottles.
    Old 08-18-2010, 05:48 PM

Praline Pecan Crunch

16 oz box of Quaker Oat Squares (8 cups)
    2 cups pecan pieces
    1/2 cup light corn syrup
    1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Heat oven to 250 degrees. Combine cereal and pecans in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Combine corn syrup, butter and brown sugar in 2 cup microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir well and Microwave for 1/2 to 1 1/2 minutes more or until boiling. I usually let mine bowl for 15 to 20 seconds longer. Stir in vanilla and baking soda, mix very well. Mixture will become caramel colored and very creamy. Pour over cereal and pecans, mix well. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Spread on baking sheet and allow to cool completely. Break into pieces. Makes 10 cups.

Enjoy!!
    Old 08-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Laura3
    Praline Pecan Crunch

16 oz box of Quaker Oat Squares (8 cups)
    2 cups pecan pieces
    1/2 cup light corn syrup
    1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Heat oven to 250 degrees. Combine cereal and pecans in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Combine corn syrup, butter and brown sugar in 2 cup microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir well and Microwave for 1/2 to 1 1/2 minutes more or until boiling. I usually let mine bowl for 15 to 20 seconds longer. Stir in vanilla and baking soda, mix very well. Mixture will become caramel colored and very creamy. Pour over cereal and pecans, mix well. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Spread on baking sheet and allow to cool completely. Break into pieces. Makes 10 cups.

Enjoy!!
    Sounds yummy - Thanks for posting!
    Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Sue Fish, those are great ornaments. Is there a good site for beginner punch needle embroidery?
    Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM

One year I made mini first aid kits. You use a purchased pot holder for the outside and inside put baggies that hold the first aid items.

They're good for general bumps, bruises and small calamities.
    Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Laura3
    I have the best snack mix that I give out every other year for Christmas. On the year that I bake cookies everyone gets mad at me. I also have been the most requested mom for the college kids because of this mix. It can be made ahead and looks great in tins...Should I post it here or in recipes?
    Both!
    Old 08-18-2010, 07:08 PM

Sorry, it has to be my being unwell. I made my niece 2 cushions -- 1 for her birthday and 1 for Christmas since they were a day apart. she wants another cover with dolphins on it both sides so she can wash on and still have the two covered. Terribly sorry for not saying that before. :-(