Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 PM

got my SP thanks Lori
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM

I received my sp's this morning! Gotta go shopping early next week! This is so much fun!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:56 PM

I'm glad so many are pleased with their secret pals! I must tell you that it is absolutely random. I print out a list of all your names, cut into little strips , fold and put into a bowl and then have 2 neighbors who live in my apartment building draw the names and I write em down then go and put into computer!
Also glad that so many are getting their packages out early, please people mail on time this month! Have fun everyone!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I'm glad so many are pleased with their secret pals! I must tell you that it is absolutely random. I print out a list of all your names, cut into little strips , fold and put into a bowl and then have 2 neighbors who live in my apartment building draw the names and I write em down then go and put into computer!
Also glad that so many are getting their packages out early, please people mail on time this month! Have fun everyone!
lori...can you please just quickly remind us when the very last day we can put our packages in the mail, so we are all on time....i can not believe so many are already mailing..i need to get my name, then see what they like, then start pulling from stash and going shopping, i think i at least have a week or so, right? thanks for the great job you are doing, and keeping us all in line!!!!!!!!!...gina
Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 PM

quote]

lori...can you please just quickly remind us when the very last day we can put our packages in the mail, so we are all on time....i can not believe so many are already mailing..i need to get my name, then see what they like, then start pulling from stash and going shopping, i think i at least have a week or so, right? thanks for the great job you are doing, and keeping us all in line!!!!!!!!!...gina[/quote]

here ya go... copied from the quidelines on the begining of this post..

PACKAGES NEED TO BE SENT OUT BY JUNE 15th IF YOU CAN NOT MAIL BY THAT DATE PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP. Send it as early as you'd like!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 PM

Got My SP today, and He/She is exactly 1,574 mi
West of me! So now I have got to get busy and get my package ready to go!!! :-)
Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
Wow, boxes already going to be sent out. HAHA. Well mine has to wait till payday. So in between I'll be finding some things to add to it.
That's no lie...me too! Well really two pay days, cause we are leaving for 5 days 7th thur 12th, I would like to get most of it ready, but I 've got so much in the fire! What to do!...What to do!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Received my SP off to shop! She lives Way,Way, North of me!
Thanks Lori!

hmmm I live fairly way way north of you :) :) :) hee hee
Old 06-03-2011, 03:36 AM

I got my sp this morning!!! yippeeee!!!! Now to get cracking this weekend and get a little something special set up for her. I will try to send it out earlier than June 15th just in case this @#($@(#*$ Canadian Postal Strike gets nasty.

UPDATE on postal strike... each province/city will be doing 24 hour rotating strikes. So today, the first day of the strike the postal workers out in Winnipeg, Manitoba are on the picket lines. Glad it is not going to the the whole country at the same time or it will be MADNESS!!!! Here at work we use the postal system every day!!! I work with various application forms for various programs and services we provide our clients. Hoping this is a very fast and painless strike!

Cheers!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 AM

Thanks to fidgety for putting up the mail date! The thing is that you signed up a few days or some a week or so ago.That gives you time to make something something small for your secret pal even before you get her name. Also bobbins, pins, thread small scissore are something that you don't need to have a name before you can buy. You also have 2 weeks after you get the name.That gives you time to you can pick up things alittle at a time through out the month and have on hand so that there is just a couple of things to make it personal for your secret pal. Just a thought......