Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
there is something seriously wrong with me. >

there is something seriously wrong with me.

there is something seriously wrong with me.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC
Welcome to the crew!!

I constantly feel overwhelmed by my choices. What usually gets me going is doing a charity quilt...it's like making something for someone else makes me happy with what I'm doing. Even happier than trying to make something for myself. I know, it's strange, but true.
Ditto.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

I can relate!! :)
Old 10-26-2011, 03:27 AM

I have just joined this group spurred on by this comment because this is exactly what I do most of the time. I really get quite disgusted with myself. I feed on this site and cannot wait to get to the computer, devour books and patterns and magazines, drool over fabrics but then find it hard to get started. My excuse is I have to finish a scrapbook for my last child who is turning 40 next August. I know...I know it is months away but I need quite a few...months that is!!! I get torn between scrapbooking and sewing and I know if I start sewing nothing else gets done!!! Is there anybody out there who understands........?????
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 PM

I'm on that boat with you. I sometimess wont start because I think there's not enough time to get much done. If I could make myself start every little bit of time would help but I just seem to get this mental block
Old 10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

As long as I am working on something, I be happy! I have a hoard of UFOs and WIP. They will wait for me for as long as it takes! Quilts are patient!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim
... I have so many projects I want to make, so many patterns I have saved, so much fabric in my stash, that I can't decide which to do first, so in the end I do nothing and spend all my time on this board. How pathetic is that ?
I can certainly relate!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:37 AM

Happens a lot.

Usually, I put the kettle on for tea, then make myself pick up the first thing closest to the sewing machine, and work on it until the kettle whistles. By that time, I'm on a roll and often just keep on going after I make my tea.

Works for housework too!

It's amazing what you can do in 10 minutes when you turn it into a game.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:20 PM

I'm really glad you have said this I thought I was the only one drowning in fabric/patterns. I was doing good until I got a call my son was coming to visit so I had to put everything away and hope I can recover all I had to move so they could have a couple of drawers in the guest room. I'll never get the things done and I feel like I'm going in circles trying to get the fall cleaning done and all. Can't seem to get the time to sew.So thank you for saying this today and saving my sanity. Your not alone. Sue
Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlin
I think all quilters are in the same boat. If you ever need a crew member, let me know!!!
There are just so many great ideas out there that we all want to try lots of them and just don't know where to start.
Sometimes I come up with some pretty good excuses that I can't work on that project but I could work on that other one and ohhh I need that color thread and have to go to the quilt shop:::Maybe will do me good to get out of the house::::And other times "I'm all fired up and ready to go":: Go figure:
Old 10-28-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Obviously there's a whole FLEET of us out there !
It's mental and visual overload ... with all the resources we have today, there's just TOO much to see and TOO many ideas to distract us ... so many fabrics, so many choices ... Quilters' ADD !!
Combine that with Stashaphobia/UFOs/procrastination/the fear of imperfection. NO wonder it's so hard to get off high center ! :roll: :roll:
Definitely quilters ADD - I did not have this problem years ago. I agree ALOT of overload these days, and not just with quilting.