Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • 2013-2014 Round Robin >
  • 2013-2014 Round Robin

• 2013-2014 Round Robin

Old 08-24-2013, 02:25 PM

Jaba, your round for this one is 6.5" because the last round that I added was 4.5" (well, actually 4 - I lost that 1/2" somewhere). There are some plain borders in there that are actually part of the center.
    Old 08-24-2013, 03:32 PM

So I need to make mine at 7" finished ?? I need to go to the quilt shop and see if they have the same batik that is used in the center or it's going to end up black, yellow and green. I just don't think I'm even thinking today, pulled and pinched the sciatic nerve in my lower back again and hubby even had to put on my socks and pants on this morning. It's called pain killers and finally call the neurosurgeon on Monday. I'll have to give in I think, the steroid shots don't cut it anymore and they told me I'd had enough of them. I'll see if I can get in the car on Monday and go to town, couldn't today.

Last edited by jaba; 08-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 PM

I can send you the leftovers of what I used along with 2 other hand-dyed green & yellows that are similar but not the same - I will put them into the mail on Monday, ok?
    Old 08-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser
    I can send you the leftovers of what I used along with 2 other hand-dyed green & yellowis that are similar but not the same - I will put them into the mail on Monday, ok?
    I'll let you know Kelly I may be able to drive. If not maybe Brat can go look for me. Thank you so much, will get back to you
    Old 08-24-2013, 11:18 PM

I love it all. I also have lots of the yellow and greens left from the center if you want I can mail you some also. My favorite colors are green and yellow then hubby's is black. This will go on our king size bed so I am ok with whatever you wish to do.
    Old 08-24-2013, 11:21 PM

Jaba, I know all about the back issues. I have had three back surgeries on L4/L5/S1. The last one was to "shave down" bone spurs in the spinal column that is cutting off the nerves to my lower body. I am in constant pain but there isn't much else they can do because the shaving surgery is wayyyyy to risky anymore. I hope they can find a simple, safe and pain free fix for you
    Old 08-25-2013, 03:02 AM

I was thinking you wanted to stay with the greens and yellows... less of the blue part right? Jaba the quilt store is closed on Sundays and Mondays. I would gladly go pick something up for you on Tuesday however on the way home from dialysis.. boy is it no hardship going in there! I will also drive you on Monday if you need a ride Steve can help assist you down the stairs and into the truck honest no trouble so you don't fret about that. We can work that out
    Love you girl.
    Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 AM

Was trying to see is I could pull a little bit of the other colors out from the center but these all to much "in your face" of the other colors. The brighter and darker yellow strips with the black is okay but the batik is too blue. I'm sure I can find some green, so what do you think about using the kona black, the brighter darker yellow, a green and if you have some of the yellow print from the middle Melinda send that to me and I'll try to figure out a braid border to go all around it. That way the squares have stopped and think the next border after mine could go with about anything. Do you think that would look alright? Then I can make it at 7" and get it back to the right size---well hopefully.

Last edited by jaba; 08-25-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    Old 08-25-2013, 08:12 AM

Love your ideas Jaba - whatever you choose is going to look great.

If adding in the 1/2" is too difficult just let me know. Since my round is scheduled to be 4 1/2" it might be easier to make it up there.
    Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 AM

Another thought - If you add a 1/2" strip of black first then you can add your regular 6 1/2" border.