Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2013-2014 Round Robin >

2013-2014 Round Robin

2013-2014 Round Robin

Old 08-21-2013, 11:43 AM

Ha Ha - Jaba and I had the same thought!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM

Ok ladies I can do that and your right it would look wonderful. So would I need the exact same fabric as she used on the center blocks? Or just try to match it as much as I can? Jaba, your saying make the "keys" the same width as the small pieces of blocks that are in the "cornerstones" Did I interrupt that correctly? Sorry don't mean to ask for so much help but I like getting other people's opinion on things. Thank you all so much

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Had to go back and find the pic of Brat's, think piano keys would look great. If you use the same corner stones as Brat did in the middle to tie it all together then I think I would make the "keys" the same width as the small squares in each corner of them. Does that make sense?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 PM

I don't think you have to use the "exact same fabric" because your corner blocks will echo part of the design from the center and that will help to tie it together.
I took what Jaba said about size the same way you did - the piano keys part should be the same width as the "corner stones" from your corner block.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:41 PM

Exactly! example:If those small ones measure 2"x 2", then I would make those piano keys to measure 2" wide also and 6 1/2" long if that's what your border is. I think all you need to do is match one or two of the blues in the original fabric, there are about 4. then I'd add a white or blue or both. Kind of hard when it's not in front of me....audition it with your fabric and see what it looks like, think you'll know real quick.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 PM

Jaba - when I did the math for a 6.5" border - to keep the look the same as the center's corner - the border's corner blocks centers would need to be 3.5" (finished) which would make the side strips and corner stones as well as the piano key strips all 1.5" (finished) - that would be some small piano keys.

But how cool would they look if the piano keys were all reds and creams and then make the corner blocks with blue centers and cornerstones with creams side strips?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:07 PM

Yup, I just said the blue and whites thinking it would be in the corners, Melinda already said she was going mostly red and white because of so much blue already in the center.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:00 PM

ok I must be super confused. Is it supposed to be 6.5" finished or 6" finished. I thought it was 6" finished. Please let me know if I am correct on this please
Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
Jaba - when I did the math for a 6.5" border - to keep the look the same as the center's corner - the border's corner blocks centers would need to be 3.5" (finished) which would make the side strips and corner stones as well as the piano key strips all 1.5" (finished) - that would be some small piano keys.

But how cool would they look if the piano keys were all reds and creams and then make the corner blocks with blue centers and cornerstones with creams side strips?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:14 AM

Nexxus you had a 6.5 inch row. attached it becomes 6.25 on each side. when the next row is attached by the next person your row becomes 6' finished. make sense? and please NO WHITE only cream my man is a piglet. I would be washing that quilt from here to the end of time. I am excited to see what your doing. Did your mothers row get posted? oh yes it did she put a star in her corner right?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 AM

ok got it. That is what I thought but for a second I doubted myself. I figured you didn't want white. I can't have white either or cream or tan. We are all messy creatures in our house. Black is a wonderful shade for us. My daughter yells at me when I call it a color because it isn't a color it is a shade. <insert eyeroll> Anyone care to take a hormonal 15yo girl.
Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Nexxus you had a 6.5 inch row. attached it becomes 6.25 on each side. when the next row is attached by the next person your row becomes 6' finished. make sense? and please NO WHITE only cream my man is a piglet. I would be washing that quilt from here to the end of time. I am excited to see what your doing. Did your mothers row get posted? oh yes it did she put a star in her corner right?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
<insert eyeroll="">Anyone care to take a hormonal 15yo girl.
LOL - been there and done that! Advil - lots of Advil is all I can offer for help

</insert>