Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 >

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

Old 01-08-2015, 08:52 AM

I just went out to shovel and it was 1 degree with a wind chill of -15. Needless to say I'm not going anywhere today. I will have my package ready to mail when I finally get out. It's supposed to be cold like this until Sunday. No school around here. I've already made a banana nut bread and a cranberry orange bread from scratch. It's amazing what I can get done when I have to stay home.
Everyone had such wonderful memories. I did sew my own clothes when I was in high school and made some pants suits while most everyone was wearing dresses. We didn't have jeans then. I was more into knitting and crochet so I didn't collect buttons then. I didn't even start to quilt until 9 years ago. Nice walk down memory lane.
Everyone stay warm
Old 01-08-2015, 09:16 AM

I have two packages taped up and ready to go out the door. One Pincushion/Needle Case swap and one Valentine mug rug swap. I hope to get them to the post office this afternoon.

Our little part of the world is unseasonably cold today, 32 (says it feels like 26) and we are due for possible snow. We moved here for the dry heat and warmer winters (I have rheumatoid arthritis). I do feel for everyone who is going through sub-zero and single digit weather. When it is cold I just want to hibernate.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Sis, did you see the table runner on todays newsletter "Lady Bug Lady Bug" under pictures. soo cute. Lynnie please tell me when the train ride starts please. Well this morning I got up to put wood on the stove and looked out . The temp was 0 radio said with wind chill it was 14 below. I think winter is here.I also think I've caught a cold. Oh Boy. Everyone stay warm. Just heard on the news Anchorage Alaska is 46* wow we are only at 13* and it's almost 11:30 a .m.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

It was 0 here early this morning with chill around -15 . That is very cold for us in East TN.

When I was about 6 years old I use to sit at my grand mothers dressing table as she called it, and she let me look through her jewelry chest. I loved seeing all the earrings that had rhinestones. At that time she had the clip on type. Lots of pretty necklaces, but I mostly remember all the pretty rhinestones she had. Today I still love rhinestones in anything. She told me that when she was young she wore heals that were called "cuban heels." Does anyone know what kind of heels that is? I never have known.

I should have my pincushion and needle case out in the mail by the weekend.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:16 PM

My desktop computer took a dump! I am trying to use my little netbooklaptop. All of my swap info is on my big computer. I will have limited access to the QB until I get my other computer fixed or a new one.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:43 PM

So cold here and more snow tonight. I know I have to babysit tomorrow and do a lot of errands. Good thing it's warming up to 17. Karen I hope you get your computer fixed. I just hate it when my computer is down. Dwina here is a pic I got on Facebook. I hope I can get it on here as I screwed up my pictures and am having a hard time finding them. Computers ugh.
Attached Thumbnails 10931367_812326505494066_6542958841143623754_n.jpg  
Old 01-08-2015, 02:04 PM

My youngest lives in Iceland ... I should find some of her photos! (As if I could figure out how to get them on here!)
Old 01-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Mary, the train pulls from the station on Satuday January 10th at 12 noon. Be on the train or you'll be running. can't wait. I'm bringing some coconut cream pie if I don't eat it first for the club car. at the rate this weather is going. maybe some hot chocolate vodka too. Don't forget your snowboots. it may be cold.I'll save you a seat.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:31 PM

Not sure but it looks like the portland light. My great grandmother was also the wife of a lighthouse keeper in Cape Elizabeth. My father and aunts use to play in the lighthouse. I only saw pictures and heard them talk about it. It was before my time. We are getting 2-4" of snow tonight.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

I remember making one of those whirllygig thingys too.
played with it for hours and thought it was a great cheap toy. oh the good old day b4
computers and video games. kids now would think we were crazy playing with string
and buttons. they didn't know the joy.