April - Boom 18

Old 01-13-2017, 07:42 AM

Road to California on Friday/Saturday: Would anyone else be there and like to meet?
I'm taking classes on Friday but will have some breaks.

My husband and I will be seeing the show on Saturday.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:20 AM

Just an FYI for the group, two more packages are on their way. One is supposed to arrive today, another tomorrow. In addition, we've got one "stuck" in another town 30 miles away. Why it went there in the first place boggles the mind. It's been there two days already. I expect they'll locate it and send it on its merry way soon. As long as everything arrives by Saturday, I will ship on schedule on Tues. Monday is a legal holiday so no mail.

In any case, it won't be much longer!
Old 01-13-2017, 09:26 AM

Well, it's an interesting question without an interesting answer. A little bit of OCD, checking and rechecking names and dates and fabrics and I still occasionally mess up. . I've got to admit it the booms do seriously infringe on my quilting time but it has only occurred to me recently that the booms are ALSO my hobby. Weird, huh?
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Janice - how do you ever keep all the groups straight??? I click on the March group thinking its April and get all excited about someones fabric only to find out I can't play with it! Any you oversee others too! You are so impressive. No wonder you don't have time to sew!!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:18 AM

Janice, do you have mine yet? I know they sent it to another town, but then the tracking site said that it had been delivered.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:44 AM

Janice, I'm glad swapping is your hobby because it helps so many people! Love these swaps. I'm so sorry that my package appears to be stuck. I tried going on USPS, but they really don't have a redirect. I hope someone will find it & move it along.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 PM

Yup it's here. THREE went to alternate towns this time. Yours, muse's and LStew's. Outrageous. Muse's is still out there in the wilds of Georgia and I cannot get anyone to pick up my phone call at the branch where it's been sitting for two days. All except muse's, Jlt's and QM's have now been rec'd.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Janice, do you have mine yet? I know they sent it to another town, but then the tracking site said that it had been delivered.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:01 PM

I called USPS to track down my package. It might be a couple more days so cross your fingers & prayer they'll get it right now!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Janice, once my postmaster called a postal branch for me, to locate a waylaid package. Maybe your postmaster can get through to them when you can't. I'm sure they have special numbers for postal personel, that they DO answer.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:59 PM

Muse most likely got some action on it. Yay! Two others remain in transit. One definitely should have arrived today but no. This mailing is odd!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Janice, once my postmaster called a postal branch for me, to locate a waylaid package. Maybe your postmaster can get through to them when you can't. I'm sure they have special numbers for postal personel, that they DO answer.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Muse most likely got some action on it. Yay! Two others remain in transit. One definitely should have arrived today but no. This mailing is odd!
I'm guessing it partly has to do with the weather. I had a pkg coming & it went backwards twice! And I believe in Indianapolis the had a mail semi in a crash that split open & all the pkgs were on the Hwy! Yikes.