Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your bed? >

What's on your bed?

What's on your bed?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bev
Store bought comforter in winter. Pretty sheet the rest of the year. I live in FL too. I also have two gigantic slobs, Maine Coons, who sleep all day on my bed. No use putting anything very special on the bed until tey're no longer around. Which I hope is never! 8-)
I agree! Quilts are beautiful, soft and cuddly...but they don't purr!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 PM

I have the quilt in my avatar on my bed. The nights are finally cool in AZ and it's sooooo nice to sleep under a nice cuddly homemade quilt!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM

The very first quilt that I made about 12 years ago was a Maple Leaf and it is still on my bed. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. I have had to make some repairs to the quilting and finally had to put a new binding on the top edge because it was worn out. It will always be special because it was the first.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Banned

no quilt, have always had matching curtains and bedspread/cover ,this is folded back for sleeping and a flannelette sheet placed over duvet to accomodate 3 of my 7 dogs.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:41 AM

I have a king size top all sanwiched and ready to quilt, but I have been doing birthday quilts for family members so have not got it quilted yet. I figure If I do a faily small meander that should make it durable enough for the dogs:)
Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by JAGSD
We have a quilt my mother made us and gave to us this last Christmas on our bed. When I first started quilting I had wanted one so much. My mother had made one for my son and just loved it. So I had decided I could do that (quilt)one too. Anyways, much to our surprise this last Christmas This one was given to us.
But unbeknown to us at the time I had ran across the same horse pattern in a book I fell in love with and made a wallhanging for my husband and added his brands. I had showed it to my mom and I guess it was all she could do to not say anything about the one she was giving me. Though the colors are different it hangs above out bed.
Wow, I really love both the quilt and the wall hanging!! We have had horses most of our lives and although can't ride anymore we still have 3 of our horses. 2 are elderly and my palomino mare the grand kids ride her. Anyway, can you tell me the book you found the design in? I am finishing a horse quilt now, think you saw it in another topic, but I have several other horse quilts I plan to make. I have an abundance of horse fabrics and several family members waiting for a horse quilt....lol
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
I don't have a quilt on my king bed. I have a matlesse (?) bedspread. I've thought about making a quilt for our bed but just can't get myself to buy that much material and commit to stick with a completion. I like to make smaller project that actually get done :) I have a short attention span...LOL.
You could do a throw for the foot of your bed for naps, etc....
That way you would have "something of my own" on my bed.
And a smaller project to start with.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 AM

Might have to give me some time to find it, it was actually a magazine. I will look in my "collection" as soon as I find it will let you know.
We could probably start our own horse fabric store, If your horse fabric stash is anything like mine. lol
Be sure and post all your horse quilts you make, I would love to see them will be patiently waiting to see them :).
Judy Gifford
Originally Posted by Corry
We have a quilt my mother made us and gave to us this last Christmas on our bed. When I first started quilting I had wanted one so much. My mother had made one for my son and just loved it. So I had decided I could do that (quilt)one too. Anyways, much to our surprise this last Christmas This one was given to us.
But unbeknown to us at the time I had ran across the same horse pattern in a book I fell in love with and made a wallhanging for my husband and added his brands. I had showed it to my mom and I guess it was all she could do to not say anything about the one she was giving me. Though the colors are different it hangs above out bed.
Wow, I really love both the quilt and the wall hanging!! We have had horses most of our lives and although can't ride anymore we still have 3 of our horses. 2 are elderly and my palomino mare the grand kids ride her. Anyway, can you tell me the book you found the design in? I am finishing a horse quilt now, think you saw it in another topic, but I have several other horse quilts I plan to make. I have an abundance of horse fabrics and several family members waiting for a horse quilt....lol
Old 11-03-2010, 06:45 AM

My first quilt that I had made in a long time was Trip Around the World with the squares. This was a couple years ago before I had a walking foot and before I visited Quilt Shop fabrics, I just always went to JoAnns. I am thrifty but what a difference working with quality fabric is {as I have made 2 log cabins with the good fabric since} and what a difference a walking foot makes! This quilt came out ok but has lots of puckers where the squares were sewn together and has faded alot too. I want to make an irish chain or another log cabin with good fabric in 2011 to replace it.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:00 AM

The design for the Wall Hanging I just found. It is in the "Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Magazine" the January/February 2008 issue Page 72 and called Horse Play, if you are unable to find it let me know. I will check and see which other design my mother used on the quilt. I think it is called Broken Star.
Judy

Originally Posted by Corry