Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your bed? >

What's on your bed?

What's on your bed?

Old 10-26-2010, 06:18 AM

My bed is loaded with stash. I have organized the different fabrics according to project plus extra stashes in separate baskets. They take up a full bed and the big baskets are on the floor. I threw a sheet over it all so my cats won't get their hair all over the fabrics. In the meantime there is an extra bed in the back bedroom. But I do have a quilt (future project) for the full bed.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:21 AM

Oh what a DD! (Darling Dog)
Old 10-26-2010, 06:25 AM

Well, shame on all you quilters for not having a quilt made by you on your bed (tee hee)!!! That's easy for me to say since I don't have either kids or pets in the house, and my husband has been well-trained to turn back the quilt if he needs to sit on the edge of the bed! I change the quilts as the mood strikes me and here's a photo of the one currently on the bed - will soon change it to the Christmas quilt.

Taken in rented Florida home last winter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103393[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103388.jpe  
Old 10-26-2010, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by ellenmg
We have one of the first quilts I made, a drunkards path, my Quilt of Shame, I used too many colors... Our 6 dogs sleep with us and the quilt has been barfed on, dirty dog feet wiped and well loved. I really don't care if it gets beaten up, and it will probably last forever....I have another, a Ricky Tims Harmonic Convergence (MY pic here) in the works for our bed, but that one will not be a dog blanket!
Oh what a sweet quilt tester! My quilts get "loved" like yours on your bed too. Much as I think I should train them to stay off the bed......they always end up there by morning anyway.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 AM

I and my DH sleep with dogs and cats so nothing good goes on the bed, old blankets get washed often, extra sheets, etc.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 AM

What kind of dog is that? It is most adorable. I mentioned earlier what a DD! (Darling Dog)

Originally Posted by laughingquilter
Originally Posted by ellenmg
We have one of the first quilts I made, a drunkards path, my Quilt of Shame, I used too many colors... Our 6 dogs sleep with us and the quilt has been barfed on, dirty dog feet wiped and well loved. I really don't care if it gets beaten up, and it will probably last forever....I have another, a Ricky Tims Harmonic Convergence (MY pic here) in the works for our bed, but that one will not be a dog blanket!
Oh what a sweet quilt tester! My quilts get "loved" like yours on your bed too. Much as I think I should train them to stay off the bed......they always end up there by morning anyway.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 AM

Unfortunately, since I have two large dogs that share our bed, I have to use a store-bought comforter. One of the dogs loves to sneak back upstairs to sleep during the day so I can't even use my quilts then.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 AM

I have a scrappy one (a king size) on my bed and my cats and dog love it as well... Even though the pooch doesn't sleep on the bed - she finds a way to pull it enough to lay on part of it... I had a bunch of three squares I did not no what to do with and when I broke my wrist I could not cut so I randomly matched and sewed them together... I have a queen size bed but the king size hang off enough that if the dog pulls on it everyone is still covered...I have a small quilt frame and a mega quilter that really helped fm quilt it... it has been washed alot... After ten years of quilting I decided to at least have one on my bed... ha ha
Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 AM

This one. It's king-sized. I'm making a quilt for our queen-sized guest room bed now.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105845.jpe  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 AM

Here's the one on our bed, my first big quilt & it's still our favorite!

Hope the pic shows up, still new at this, so bear with me!

It wasn't quite finished & quilted here, but good pic of it to share!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105522.jpe