Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Mystery quilters... >

Calling all Mystery quilters...

Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-14-2010, 08:05 PM

LOL no problem, I'm just glad I'm not crazy or dense, I only cuit the Focus, cause I have tons of that one and I only cut 6 for now
Originally Posted by mysikaanne
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
k maybe it's just late and I'm tired? but the cut sheet has me confused. Crib for example: Background /
11 strips @ 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" total pcs:96 ?????
yup.. you got it.. I have found a few holes in the cut list.. staying up late trying to cut it down into little pieces.. EVERYONE>> pls let me re-do the math on strips.. the fabric is right.. EQ thankfully does the math for me..But I may need to add/subtract some.. Thanks Candi so much for helping. I 'm cutting out the crib one at the moment.. so.. hang on.. Let me tell you when it's ok to cut everything out..k!? Thanks.. (sorry for the inconvenience..)

Missy
Old 12-15-2010, 01:55 AM

[quote=Short an Sweet]LOL no problem, I'm just glad I'm not crazy or dense, I only cuit the Focus, cause I have tons of that one and I only cut 6 for now
[quote=mysikaanne]
k maybe it's just late and I'm tired? but the cut sheet has me confused. Crib for example: Background /
Thanks Shortn'Sweet! LOL Darn late nights. See the cut list was a new addition to the pattern. Everything else had been finished. I added the cut list to be easier for everyone to be able to just cutn'sew.. :) Thanks for the patience guys!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 AM

that's OK first times are always harder, lol take notes for next time because this one is gonna be fun, so hopefully if we all behave you'll do a 2nd one
[quote=mysikaanne][quote=Short an Sweet]LOL no problem, I'm just glad I'm not crazy or dense, I only cuit the Focus, cause I have tons of that one and I only cut 6 for now
Thanks Shortn'Sweet! LOL Darn late nights. See the cut list was a new addition to the pattern. Everything else had been finished. I added the cut list to be easier for everyone to be able to just cutn'sew.. :) Thanks for the patience guys!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:27 AM

K well I think I have my fabrics and locations figured out, what do ya'll think? TOTALLY open to any suggestions!!

in order left to right, background, #1, #2, #3, #4, inner border, main accent, & 2nd accent
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143456[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143451.jpe  
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by mtngrl
All of my choices, any help at all would be appreciated. I find choosing colors the hardest part.
OHhh Mtn!! that's beautiful!!!

love it~!
Thank you:) after I got all of this put together, I walked back around and found the first one I had chosen and ALMOST started over... I'll keep that one in mind for another. It was peachy colored roses on a black background. Not sure what it is up with the black. I'm doing Amish style colors for the bom with my local quilt guild, solids with black borders. I love the contrast with bright colors.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 AM

K well I think I have my fabrics and locations figured out, what do ya'll think? TOTALLY open to any suggestions!!
These are just my colors there, LOVE them. I think all of your color play nicely together, and really should look pretty any way you put it, the one thing is for me, I tend to think of inner borders as being the dark, bold color, so I may choose the red one for that and save the white for one of the accents. But this is just my imagination, of course, I got now clue how the pattern is going to look like, even though Missy thinks that I read her mind, :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 12-15-2010, 06:10 AM

I'm interested! First time ever. I'll PM you.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:11 AM

I am still need to get more of my background fabric, I had a bit but needed more for for the full size> luckily they had more and hopefully I'll get it today or tomorrow. I'll show pics then.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 AM

actually thats the way I originally wanted it too but then I looked at the fabric requirements and I only have 2 fat qtrs of the red : ( , lol and it requires 3/4 yard for the inner border, When this quilt is done, it is going to be one BRIGHT guest bedroom

Originally Posted by candi
These are just my colors there, LOVE them. I think all of your color play nicely together, and really should look pretty any way you put it, the one thing is for me, I tend to think of inner borders as being the dark, bald color, so I may choose the red one for that and save the white for one of the accents. But this is just my imagination, of course, I got now clue how the pattern is going to look like, even though Missy thinks that I read her mind, :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 12-15-2010, 06:19 AM

My favorite, I love brights, it is going to be beautiful.

actually thats the way I originally wanted it too but then I looked at the fabric requirements and I only have 2 fat qtrs of the red : ( , lol and it requires 3/4 yard for the inner border, When this quilt is done, it is going to be one BRIGHT guest bedroom

Originally Posted by candi
These are just my colors there, LOVE them. I think all of your color play nicely together, and really should look pretty any way you put it, the one thing is for me, I tend to think of inner borders as being the dark, bald color, so I may choose the red one for that and save the white for one of the accents. But this is just my imagination, of course, I got now clue how the pattern is going to look like, even though Missy thinks that I read her mind, :mrgreen: :lol: