Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 12-18-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Bibliostone, looked back and found you have a purple mum material, did you do more than one material? Don't remember that. My list says I sent it out last month. But I will look around, and find it.

Bibliostone I found your material, will get it in the mail soon.
Thanks, I posted the previous response before I read this.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 AM

Morning all I received a grown up block from purplemem yeaterday. I still need blocks from:
Norbanaquilts Quiltergirl80
Quiltingturtle dawson.tracy35
brenda5 kwiltkrazy
Odessaquilts
Please no hurry on any of these just wanted to let everyone know what my notes says to make sure that they are correct.

Grown up block from purplemem
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145049[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145044.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:21 AM

Ksea yours is in the mail from me, no telling when it will get there with the mail running so slow.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:40 AM

Ok, I have a couple things. First is kinda of a question. Do we just consider the few people who received fabric from all of us and never participated as getting a bunch of free 1/8 yard fabrics? Sorry, but kinda ticks me off a touch, not a bunch, but a touch. I have been working 60 hours a week for 3 months and I managed to keep in touch and get my stuff done. if they needed help, they could have asked for it.

2nd, I just wanted to say that I am sorry everyone got plain old 9 patched from me. i really wanted to be creative, again, work has over run my life recently. BUT I also really needed to practice the 9 patch and it seems to go with everything.

I want to thank everyone for all the blocks. They are all quite fabulous! Hopefully next weekend I can get them all laid out and post a pic of them all together.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
2nd, I just wanted to say that I am sorry everyone got plain old 9 patched from me. i really wanted to be creative, again, work has over run my life recently. BUT I also really needed to practice the 9 patch and it seems to go with everything.

I want to thank everyone for all the blocks. They are all quite fabulous! Hopefully next weekend I can get them all laid out and post a pic of them all together.

I love the 9 patch you sent and the fact that you did send it. A lot of us from Boom 2 are still missing a couple of blocks. You have to let it go. There's always that chance when you do a direct mail swap. Just enjoy the ones you've received. I'm always available to do another block for anyone just send me a PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Originally Posted by knlsmith

I love the 9 patch you sent and the fact that you did send it. A lot of us from Boom 2 are still missing a couple of blocks. You have to let it go. There's always that chance when you do a direct mail swap. Just enjoy the ones you've received. I'm always available to do another block for anyone just send me a PM.
I agree with both your sentiments about missing fabric/blocks. I'm not really interested in 4.0 partly because of this. I'm also way too busy for another swap!

I love the 9 patch! I'm glad that there were some simple blocks as well as some elaborate blocks. My first quilt turned out awesome! I give it to the recipient this week! I'll post a pic when I get home.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:19 AM

Here are pic's of the last 3 I received. I missplaced the envelopes and 1 of them I don't remember who sent it. Can you tell?

KathyN
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145133[/ATTACH]

knlsmith
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145135[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145128.jpe   attachment-145129.jpe   attachment-145130.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 09:33 AM

Hoops. Here is knlsmith block

knlsmith
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145154[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145149.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 09:34 AM

I really like the nine patch and the simpler blocks. They balance out the more intricate blocks.

There was a lot of help available in this swap. I wish that someone had asked, instead of leaving us hanging. I have extra material to finish my quilt, but lots don't.

Thank you for the grace extended to me in this swap. I had more illness this quarter than way expected. I usually participate much more vigorously.

Thank you, every one, for my beautiful blocks. I will post the pics when I complete the quilt, as I want to give this as a gift soon after the New Year.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:22 PM

Here is one more I never posted a pic. The block from QuiltingTurtle.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145248.jpe