Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-16-2011, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I recieved some PM's asking if something was wrong with me as I hadn't been on here much lately.Last sunday my brother-in-law lost his battle with lung cancer.Today was his funeral.When my husband and I got home I stopped at the end of our driveway and got the mail. There was a huge package from over seas. Yep it was from Tussymussy my secret pal for this month.It was such a wonderful surprise.I must say thank you for not just the package but also the uplift it gave me.Sue is a very warm and wonderful person. We all joke on here but she has become a friend to me.She sent a really pretty lacey blue shawl.She sent one a few months ago to her pal and I fell in love with it.Now I have one of my own. Also I recieved winegums.Now I know what they are. Yeah!!! Also there was a package of 5 flake chocolate bars. They look so good too. She made a beautiful matching set for my purse of a yoyo keychain,tissue cover,tea holder,card holder.Also I recieved Camilla(her chickie),2 very pretty pieces of fabric 1 is a med.brown batik and 1 is med. browns with dark brown siloettes of deer. That's not all .Also a Beef cookbook(I raise beef cattle)a post card of nearby town to her called Kewstoke.also a nail buffer cube.and lastly a Fruit cake recipe with a pack of English mixed spices to go in it.also a cute refrig. magnet that says "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves" that is soooo true,my friend. Oh and I don't want to forget a very cute mugrug she made me. It has a pig,a cow,and a lamb on it. This is a very nice package. thanks so much Sue. Your friend Mary
Mary, my friend, it was an absolute pleasure and I am so glad it arrived at a time when you need some cheer. Lots of hugs for you at this sad time.
I would love to see a picture of this fabulous shawl that you made. One of these days I'll get around to making one for myself. I have never kept anything that I have crocheted for myself. I always give my afghans to others as gifts.
Sorry to disappoint you, I found these 'wonderful' net shawls in a store that was having a massive sale. I sent one to Moedeenie in June and she posted a pic in that thread. I am still trying to find where I have lost the photo I took of Mary's squishy.

To help, the shawl has a solidn narrow border and then is like fishermen netting which stretches to large diamond shaped holes. Both were in a soft sky blue interwound with a glittery, silver thread. Now wish I had bought up the remaining stock! :cry:
Old 09-16-2011, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
hi everyone......YIPPEE i got my package today from jackie (CAgirl) and what a great package it is...thank you sooo much jackie for all the stuff and the time it took you to find the special things for me!!!.........will post some pics now:
That is one generous package. I loved the pot the buttons came in!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by annt59
Wanda Lou. Thank you for everything. I love it all. i sure can use the pins and lint roller. I ate the York bar right away. I love the 2 purple fabrics. I can't wait to use the pyramid ruler and the Moda honeybun roll. I always enjoy the handwritten notes, too.
Lovely package Ann.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i received two great packages from my secret pals verna1267 and barefoot quilter. thanks you so much to the both of you.

from verna2197 i received 3 batik fat quarters, a package of 1.5" fabric strips for my upcoming postage stamp quilt (yay!), 2 packages of fruity gum, a package of heat n bond, two really great kitty buttons (love them), a kitty calendar, a marking pencil, a kitty tin with needle threader, an angel pattern and a hand written note. phew hopefully i didn't forget anything but if i did know that i love it all. i got furbaby stuff. verna thank you so much for everything.

from barefoot quilter aka april i received kitty treats & toys for my furbabies, three pattern books, tea (it just got cool here so timely & a favorite flavor of mine), a big thing of gum, a dry erase board (i needed one to keep track of my furbabies weight), a novel, buttons, a peel n stick tape measure (never saw this before but handy), some needles, plenty of fabric, recipe cards & measuring cups/spoons, kitty calendar, some fabric squares and hand sanitizer and a note. i hope i listed everything and i love all of it. thank you april for being so generous. the toys will be batted under my stove as soon as i put them down for the boys.

i luv it all!!!!!! thank you so much ladies. i got two sick furbabies on my hands and a monster vet bill coming. we all needed a pick me up.
Great Packages and I love that Rooster Fabric..... now where did I read about chickens????

Sorry to hear that your boys are sick, I really hope they get well soo. It is so worrying when our furbabies are ill.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
I'm going to miss you guys on the bench but I received an awesome package from sewnmom today. I got 3 different pieces of white on white fabric (I'm working on a sampler that I am using all different white on white fabrics for background). I also got 3 other nice pieces of fabric, a handy little plastic drawstring bag, chopsticks, a pretty little notepad, 3 patterns, an adorable finger pincushion, a little tablerunner that is even handquilted, a mug rug, a chocolate scented candle that already has my sewing room smelling wonderful. She even remembered my furbaby with a Halloween toy. And...my very own chicken. She didn't come with a name. She is white with black polka dots. Any suggestions? I will send a picture this weekend when one of my computer savy children are home.
Quite unimaginative, I suppose, but I like the name "Dotty".
I was close, I thought Spotty!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
i did it!!! I got a pic posted!!!!!! Thanks again quiltdraggon
Connie, I did not recognise you with that new avator. How lovely to see you. Connie was my June swap pal and sent me a fantastic firmy. I am still enjoying its contents.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
hi everyone......YIPPEE i got my package today from jackie (CAgirl) and what a great package it is...thank you sooo much jackie for all the stuff and the time it took you to find the special things for me!!!.........will post some pics now:
Beautiful package! Enjoy.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Swap Hosts

Lovely packages that all of you received! And I can't tell you how touching it was to see Charles with Lori's wonderful quilt. It truly epitomized the saying, "A quilt is a hug that lasts a long time."
Old 09-16-2011, 03:13 AM

, and not naming your baby chick, but that is personal ya know, thought you'd want to name her.."Dotty" is cute and approiate..i was goin to sit at post office and write your note, of course i forgot..when i got back in the car , i was ready to shoot myself.......i'm so glad you like your pkg..i had fun puttin it together...molly-- sewnmom
Old 09-16-2011, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
I sent my package out today. If I drove to your house it would take me 1 day, 11 hours and 11 minutes. Well, maybe a little longer because I might want to stop for a latte:-)
I just checked the directions, and it would take 42+hours to get to my house...someone closer will be receiving this great package! A nice hot Latte sure sounds good....we had a frost alert this morning!