Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-08-2015, 09:15 AM

Lynnie such true words. You don't have mountains? use green to represent the trees. you don't have a beach print? how about blue for water and cream for sand and a red yellow beach ball you use other fabrics for? it can be a literal interpretation or it can be a modern color based interpretation. You decide! or it can simply be one thing you love from the area they say. maybe its tile from Morocco use blue and white or cream and blue.. or is I trees from the mountains.. use greens .. or flowers from Hawaii? palm trees to represent florida with yellows to represent the flower on Hibiscus that you see often in beach areas? you can pick and chose your favorites and let that speak to you in fabrics, colors, patterns. I bet you have it in your stash and didn't even think sideways for a minute to find it. tada! fishermans warf? you don't have fish? cut fabric in the shape of a fish you can do it!!!! outside of the box that's what us quilters do when we cant find it inside the box. We create!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

my dh says i'm so far outside the box. i'm down the street in an octagon.

If the fabric can do the job, why not?
No one ever has the size leaf they want, but you'll cut greens to look like leaves.
just go for it.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM

I've been working on my mug rug for Terri and like the way it's looking, doing a lot of quilting on it, looking pretty good, found a piece of Beach material....
Old 03-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Rosemary, beach material????? do we get a teaser hint??
Old 03-08-2015, 03:52 PM

Lynnie Maybe I will take a picture tomorrow so you can get a glimpse of it...
Old 03-08-2015, 06:24 PM

Happy dance . . . I finished Jaba's mug rug today Lynnie - I let the fabric do the talking . . . sure hope everyone can "hear" it talk Off to the PO tomorrow. It seems a few of us are making it to the PO - I bet we'll see some more pictures this week. . . .
Old 03-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Oh ladybug we need a teaser. Haven't started mine yet, need to get a few other things taken care of first but I know what I want to make.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:30 AM

creativity at its finest yup this is what you get here! I am so happy to see that everyone is thinking, sewing and sending! one step at a time but its sure is nice I worked on my round robin (the self quilt we are making for ourselves!) on the block of them month. Today I have to finish the last block in this months round its all set up needs to be finished! one last block of my sunrise! yahoo!!!! I have then to decide how to do the ocean which might be different than the top in style. Not sure if that will look great or will look stupid. the top is strip done. the middle I thought should be small squares.. or rectangles? what do you think? should I continue the strip theme or do a different theme?? see I am confused! picked out the fabrics which is truly 3/4 of the battle.

Show sneak peaks here! we want to see tiny corners of what your doing.. peaks on your fabric choices! its so much a part of the fun... gives us ideas to work on our own little mug rugs. I am dying to see the one lady bug is working on lol she has teased us so much .. one tiny piece Lady bug? ok everyone!!! send pics in of your work in progress too!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

Mine is out for delivery today. Yipee. Hope you like it. Let's hope the po didn't lie and it does get del. today.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

got my mugrug today from ctyankee, thank you Pamela.
I got a cute mugrug with cats on motorskooters and in PARIS!!!
Not only did I get one but my dh Larry got one too!! how cute.
Like I said, she let the fabic do the work. came out great. I also got a thread catcher for the livingroom,
some chocolate and even Zoey got treats from her new admirer Arthur. Oh MY!
Zoey loved her treats, had a handful and begged for more. such nonsense is not becoming of a princess.
great workman ship Great swapper. Ate most of the chocolate. oh and a really nice card too.
Pamela, can you please show photos of the beautiful mugugs. thanks