Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help? >
  • Lost Quilt! Can you help?

• Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks, Feline. Today's newspaper has an article and video about the situation:
    http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...bo-1162475.php

Shortly after the reporter called UPS, I received a call from the corporate office. They are (finally!) pulling out all the stops to look for the quilt. They're tracing their steps, interviewing drivers, searching all the trucks and warehouses where the quilt might be. They had the shipper search their office (again!). This search should be completed by Monday.

The really sad part about this is how much publicity I had to generate to get this far. Over 9000 hits on this website alone...plus the other websites I contacted. This shouldn't be the way it works.

Janet
    Old 03-17-2011, 10:39 AM

That is sort of how the world operates. When three different people can all give you different answers to the same question who do you believe. Maybe we should go back to the Pony Express they always got through.
    Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 AM

Unless they got shot.
    Old 03-17-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hinterland
    The really sad part about this is how much publicity I had to generate to get this far. Over 9000 hits on this website alone...plus the other websites I contacted. This shouldn't be the way it works.

Janet
    You're absolutely right that this shouldn't be the way it works, but if it is what's necessary, then it has to be done in this manner. Please keep us posted.
    Old 03-17-2011, 11:04 AM

I must say..after viewig the video..you do not look like a happy camper and for good reason. Your quilt is out there some where and someone knows about it. Hoping all of the publicity will get someone moving. ((((Hugs)))
    Old 03-17-2011, 02:26 PM

I saw this article today and was so sad that you haven't found the quilt yet.

It also saddens me to think that they UPS didn't really do much until a newspaper was contacted.

I agree, this is not the way it should work. I know UPS has thousands, possibly millions of packages, but you hear about too many lost packages. How can that happen in this day and age with the tracking devices, etc.

Prayers and Hugs are with you regarding your quilt. I agree it is priceless!

Shortly after the reporter called UPS, I received a call from the corporate office. They are (finally!) pulling out all the stops to look for the quilt. They're tracing their steps, interviewing drivers, searching all the trucks and warehouses where the quilt might be. They had the shipper search their office (again!). This search should be completed by Monday.

Janet
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Agree. It's sad that you've had to resort to this, but it's so wonderful that they're finally searching for it. Please keep us up to date on what is happening.

Janet
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:35 PM

Janet; Keeping you in my prayers that your quilt will be found. I know this has to be one of the most agonizing and heartwrenching times for you. I was happy to see the news story and hope that this will bring your precious quilt back to you.
    Keeping good thoughts....
    Old 03-17-2011, 09:02 PM

I would also be a pain in the you know what about this as you also paid extra for the 2nd day Air. With those packages they have to check them in and scan them whenever anyone touches them. Also where was the destination? By know the destination there is a possibility that you can back track it or track its' route and at least know where it went missing so you would have a better idea of where to start.
    Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 PM

I am so sorry. I do hand stitchery and quilting and I do understand the hours you put into your work. Your work is beautiful. Was it the one you have posted? They should be held accountable for your quilt.