Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Not sure I'm better - just have stopped getting worse. I will pick up some lemons and make a cleansing brew with lemon, cucumber, mint, cayenne pepper and ginger to see if I can get rid of some of this fluid. I keep thinking my socks are too tight and I don't have any one. My pants are very tight through the waist. I wonder if I have any elastic waist long pants?

I had to give up coffee for 35 years due to heart arrhythmias. Now I can have it again, but don't like it without flavored creamers so I just don't bother. I love tea, but for you, I will have just one cup of jasmine green tea today.
I am the same way,if I have coffee,I have to dump creamer in it,and put in a spoon of cocoa.So,we haven't drank coffee now for yrs daily except once in a great while.Like 4 times a yr.Where it use to be every day.That's bad you have those things all over.My gosh,it's almost like having leprosy.I will pray for you.And to have water every where retaining it and bloating up.I'd get some loose fitting clothes for sure.Was it hives or shingles you got?Fleas bite in the grass.I can't imagine what it was that would do that to you.You obviously had a reaction to it what ever it was.Well,lets hope the dr's keep getting a handle on it.What ever it is,it isn't good.I hope their doing antibiotics in cream or oral or both.Anyway,I too was wondering how you were so glad you checked in.We haven't heard from Lynn lately.Hope she is ok.Maybe we should check in on her too.It's 113 today and humid.I think we'll all be glad when september comes.Then we'll be out of the worst of it.Good luck and I hope your much better real soon.I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM

As usual left it to the last minute to join up!.Its going to be hard to lose weight when I'm going on holiday to Germany for a week, all those Kaffee und Kuchen ! This way I may hold back a little on the sweet stuff!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 PM

ok - I'd like to join please. This will be my first time - joining the adventure; NOT at losing weight. But it will be the LAST time I lose weight!

I think I was put on a "diet" as a toddler - has taken MANY, MANY years to forget about all the diet brainwashing I had and learn to listen to my body and what it needs (note: not what it WANTS, what it NEEDS).

Looking foward to the month ahead.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
elm

I'm not a total vegitarian anymore, but did have to follow a vegitarian diet for several years because of food allergies.
I was able to lose weight with and without the use of the South Beach diet books. The key for me was lots of fresh vegetables and salads combined with several cups of hot tea each day. For some reason herbal tea was more satisfying than regular tea.
It took a while to figure out what combination of beans and and vegies worked. One recipe that helped a lot was for vegitarian chili which filled me up on smaller amounts than other bean recipes.
If your friend googles vegitarian recipes she may find some that are helpful for weight loss. Takes some time, but worth it.

Originally Posted by watterstide
a small bag of chips last night,put over, on the food diary .. :-(

and i didn't get to work out..took a neighbor to his cancer treatment..4 hours at the hospital.
it is mens day today at fitness usa..so i will have to do SOMETHING today at home..moving my butt!

anyone here a vegetarian?
my girlfriend started with us..not on here though. and she said it is hard to loose weight because she over does the carbs. her doc said she has to loose 10 pounds (that will take 150 lbs of pressure off her hip) ..or she will end up with a hip replacement!
she is going to need more help than i can give her. she did join the "my fitness pal",yesterday.

look for her, to give her support,ideas if you are on that program. her board name is "Pelirroja2" thanks!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Tofu is a very good protein and if you live in an area that has a lot of Asian grocery stores you can get it for less then $2 a pound. In my area I can get it for $1 a package.

Seitan or wheat gluten is pretty good if you don't have a gluten intolerance and have time to make it.

http://www.vegkitchen.com/tips/seitan-anyone/
http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/homemade-seitan/
http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm
Old 08-02-2011, 04:24 PM

good job, country1! eleven pounds is a lot!! have you just started with us? good luck this month! the race is on!
the energizer bunny and i, just keep on going, and going, and going......
i am losing weight, i am in control of my eating. it's up to me!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 PM

I feel better. Now to get the swelling down and some of these sores healed by Friday - another grandchild's wedding. The dime size raw sores on my legs aren't very attractive. I know it was some kind of bug bite, but what? My kids think a weed like Poison Ivy, but the city mows the lakeshore, plus I wasn't in a weedy area. ?????

Bob Evans omelet for dinner. After rice pudding and peaches for brunch and almonds for a snack, I probably better have veggies if I have anything else tonight.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by SharBear
ok - I'd like to join please. This will be my first time - joining the adventure; NOT at losing weight. But it will be the LAST time I lose weight!

I think I was put on a "diet" as a toddler - has taken MANY, MANY years to forget about all the diet brainwashing I had and learn to listen to my body and what it needs (note: not what it WANTS, what it NEEDS).

Looking foward to the month ahead.
That's right,you got it.It took me 52 yrs to get it through my head that the only way to lose is not dieting,but change our eating and what goes in our mouths.And now even tho it took 4 yrs,I figure it is going to be for the rest of my life.So is a life style change.93 pounds is off and going for more.I am not giving up.Even if I only do 1 pound,I'll take it.I did only 3 last month,but that's 3 less.So,I'm happy.Keep going and never give up and keep going no matter what.If you mess up,get back on.I messed up too a lot but kept going.Almost 100 pounds off.I can't believe it.I feel so much better and can tie my shoes and wear jeans again.That is a big deal for me as I couldn't before.I was so fat I couldn't bend over,and afraid if I did I would fall.So,good for you.You can do it,if I can.Besides,I love the dinners,I can have what I want and it only takes a few minutes and gives more time for other fun stuff like quilting or scooter riding.It's a no brainer for me.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Great job country1. Wishing everyone success at your weight loss journey this month. It's tough, last year I lost 30 lbs and since have gained back 15. I am getting back on track, one day at a time. I really need to lose about 50 lbs, but will be happy to reach my first goal of breaking the 160 mark.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
I'd like to participate in the group for the encouragement but not the contest if that is ok. I gained back all the weight I had lost so I need all the encouragement that I can get.
Welcome,and yes we'll all encourage you and help you to meet your goal too.