Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:37 PM

Was MissyGirl on the list? she is participating but not for fabric,, for encouragement.

I am really happy to see so many.
Please comment at least once a week. The more we talk the better we seem to do.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:43 PM

Yes I put her on the list, so we have 97 for the prize and 3 for encouragement.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM

it's so nice to see so many of us participating! there's power in numbers and we can all use the power of a shared goal. i had 3 tbs of ice cream tonight and i'm very proud of myself! normally i would jam as much into the largest coffee cup i could find. lol! those cartons of ice cream only hold 3 servings at our house! i just wanted a 'taste', it was very good, and enough. who knew? do other people find a taste as nice as the whole thing? this is a new concept for me.

i just spoke to my daughter-in-law, we skype each other all the time. she is in the hospital and they will start the pitocin drip at 6 am. we are all so excited and just can't stand it! my husband is so thrilled, he's sleeping. my son doesn't want to be woken up when thet baby arrives. men! can't live with them. can't chain 'em in the yard! lol
i stay up all night anyway, but if they aren't starting the drip for another 6 hrs i don't think i'll be waking anyone but myself! now it's a good thing i don't stress eat. my jaw will be really tired tho, because i chew gum like a fiend when i'm stressed. beats food! and i can't bite my nails since i've done that already. so...in a little while i will go sew.
sew nice to have new members! this bandwagon is like the love train--room for everyone to get on board!good luck all!
i am losing weight. i am in control. it is up to me!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:05 PM

i didn't see a few of the regulars like scrapngmom and jennifer22206. i hope they'll at least join us for the boost.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM

This evening was good, not for weight loss but for stress loss! My husband has gotten my car put all back together and it's running! I'm so glad to feel not trapped again. Hoping this will carry me through for a good rest of the week for weight loss!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM
elm

Amazing!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
This evening was good, not for weight loss but for stress loss! My husband has gotten my car put all back together and it's running! I'm so glad to feel not trapped again. Hoping this will carry me through for a good rest of the week for weight loss!
That is great.I know after last month,of replacing our TV,and phones,I should be good to go this month too.But not having a car is a foot and no good at all.So,good job to your hubby.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 PM

Good morning all!
This will be a good day!

Journal-What is compelling in my life? What is my passion? Am I living like this is my passion? In other words, do I make it a priority to indulge in my passion? Am I feeding my soul?

Motivation-This one step will make me healthier and free me to take control of my life. What is the one step for me?

today is another doctor visit. Will inform when I get home.

Irish, have you seen a doctor yet? Are you sure you are getting better?
Old 08-02-2011, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
i didn't see a few of the regulars like scrapngmom and jennifer22206. i hope they'll at least join us for the boost.
I saw scrapinmom said she would be here.Now,I just watched a you-tube tv show of Dominique Lanois {sp} THE 600 POUND MOM" that was aired on TLC in FEB.If you all never watched it,you should!.It is the full episode on 3 you-tube video's.The only place I could find it.It's under the channel name: 'mysterydiscovery2' and has chinese writing on the video's but it is in english so you will understand it easily..3 episodes total.I want you all to watch it and take another look at where your at on your dieting.I learned a lot from it.I was serious before,but now am more determined than ever to get it off.Mj,this lady has water on her heart and the dr was informative as heck.This show should wake us all up and give a reality check.Please put your bon bon's krups,chips,or what ever away!This will open your eyes and you'll be losing big time.I am going to pray for her.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 AM

I feel like all I do is whine to you guys. For the last several weeks or so as you know I've been having trouble with my psych meds. I'm bi-polar and have been switching moods so fast I can't keep up. Needless to say my eating has reflected this. I've gained back all but 1 lb. that I lost since joining this group. Now my blood sugar levels are going really screwy. In the morning the are really low and at niught they are sky high. I saw my psych doctor again yesterday and he calmly explained that when a diabetic bi-polar person is out of control there sugar levels also get out of control and that I better watch it or I could be in trouble. I'm due for an A1C test soon so I think I better make an appt wither my reg doc and see if he has any ideas about my sugar levels. I've just been feeling awful both physically and emotionally. Thanks for letting me rant & rave.

MJ - I have to send a FQ to Quiltin Chris but can't remember the theme for July. Can you remind me?

Irish - did you ever go to the doctor? Is your rash better?

I'm still having trouble putting my ticker on my messages. I followed (or think I did) directions and all I get is the writing - no ticker. I feel like such an idiot some times.

Missy - hope your having a great time, keep in touch when you can.

Hope everyone has a great day.