Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:37 AM
    elm

Hi J Holme,
    Hope your day keeps improving. Before I retired I was all stressed out. After seeking counsel from a therapist it was suggested that I try group therapy. What a boon that turned out to be. It was a small group that met weekly for three months. One member was bi-polar. We learned a lot from each other. Hope you have or can find a good group like that. Keep up the efforts to do your best to help yourself each day. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
    Old 08-03-2011, 06:38 AM

very discouraged my husband is not helping me at all I have a very serious coke addiction where I can drink a 2 liter a day easily and I asked him not to buy it anymore so I hadnt had any in 3 days and got over the caffiene withdrawl headache and what does he do? he brings home coke candybars and chips last night GGRRRRR of course I couldnt resist with it right next to me so now I have to start all over I feel like I am never gonna win.
    The only good thing that has happened is that my drivers side window is broken and no longer goes down so now I cant go through mcdonalds drive thu :)
    Old 08-03-2011, 07:02 AM

Good day, y'all. Garden florals was the theme for July. I have those, but which one do I want to give up?

No, I haven't seen a doctor. If I were to start to get worse at this point, then I'd go to my doctor, but as long as I see improvements - even slight, I am not going. It looks like some of the swelling has gone down and I have no new open lesions. I had to get up in the night to take a chlorotrimton pill for the itching. I can't decide if that or benedyl is best or if either helps. Chlorotrimton seems to help. Hopefully, a trip to the chiropractor this afternoon will help with the joint pain. I wish I knew what bit me. This has been one heck of a reaction. I agree, Xylie, that it looks and sounds like a poison bush, but it was a mowed area. ?????

Jeanne, I'm so sorry that you are going through so much. When meds are off, we feel so terrible, both physicaly and mentally and are so tired. Please don't feel that you are complaining when you are letting us know what's going on your life. As we've all said before, our mental state and what is going on with us physically affects our weight, so it does belong here.

I have too many things to do today. I think I need to make a list. The housework always ends up on the bottom, which suits me fine, but leaves the house looking sad. I could call Council on Aging and get some help, but I feel I should clean the house first. Goofy, I know. It's too wet out to work in my flowers so that will save some time.

My feet are swollen. I need the shoes I had on Friday night, but I'm leary of putting them on even though I have sprayed them with insecticide.

I wish you all a clean eating day. I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 08-03-2011, 07:04 AM

Hallo everyone, its been great to read all the encouraging posts. I've had a good day, its real hot (for England ) so just have kept drinking fluids and had watermelon pieces for lunch. I really like the idea of just dipping your fork into salad dressing rahther than have it on the leaves. I bought my autumn fall themed fat quarter today (just in case I lose the competion !) but will be so pleased to lose weight that any pounds lost are great. Evenings are always my weak points so am planning to do some more of my christmas quilt once its cool enough to sew.( Oh and also figure how to get my quilt photos onto this site)
    Old 08-03-2011, 07:16 AM

seahorsesanna, one misstep isn't the end of the world, but it sure is aggrevating when we can't resist. The next time your husband brings home things that aren't good for you, tell him to enjoy and get a big glass of something that is good for you like lemon water or iced tea. You are to be commended for giving up the Coke. If you got past the first three days, you are over the worst. I was only drinking 16 ounces a day and I had to go home at lunchtime to take a 20 minute nap to help with the withdrawal headache. BTW, you can have some healthier treats if you budget for them. I have 160 calories reserved for four Dove dark chocolates. Thank goodness dark chocolate is off the hit list, though I know Dove is in the 60% range and 70 is better. Plan your indulgences, then they aren't missteps.
    Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    there are 2 ladies who are here for encouragement, not wanting to particapite in the prize. So that has our total number at 100.
    I'd like to join for support & encouragement but not fabric too if that is ok!
    Old 08-03-2011, 08:21 AM

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM

I hope I have done this correctly - started Monday and forgot to post. Good luck to all!
    Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Ooops! need help. how do i get my ticker to be on my signature?
    Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 AM

hi confederate rose- your ticker is on your sig line, see the line to the right of it? that is the sig 'line'. i still haven't figured out mine yet, but i will! people use strange words like cut and paste so i run for my rotary cutter and my seam2, but they don't seam to work! no one will know how much i'm losing! my family haven't noticed, and even tho' i told my husband i can tell he doesn't see the change. but i can tell it's working since my granny panties are now knee huggers!
    i AM losing! you betcha!!