Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    Tofu is a very good protein and if you live in an area that has a lot of Asian grocery stores you can get it for less then $2 a pound. In my area I can get it for $1 a package.

Seitan or wheat gluten is pretty good if you don't have a gluten intolerance and have time to make it.

http://www.vegkitchen.com/tips/seitan-anyone/
    http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/homemade-seitan/
    http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm
    you know what makes it hard for her, is she is fixing food for 1 person..i will pass on the links for her..thanks so much!
    Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    i didn't see a few of the regulars like scrapngmom and jennifer22206. i hope they'll at least join us for the boost.
    scrapngmom is here she is not particapiting for the prize, just for the support.

not sure about jennifer22206
    Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 AM

Good morning to all. Hope yesterday was a good day for all. I had a very good day. Stayed in my calorie range and walked 4 miles early, before it got hot.

Hoping today will be as good as yesterday. I have some errands to do today which include picking up backing for a quilt top I have just finished. That should keep me in a good mood. I am an emotional eater and if I am sad or upset in any way I turn to food. I am by myself and don't have anyone in the evenings (which seem to be the worst) to talk about how I am feeling. That's one of the reasons this QB and especially this thread, has been a life saver to me. Thanks to all of you.

Have a great day
    Old 08-03-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    I feel like all I do is whine to you guys. For the last several weeks or so as you know I've been having trouble with my psych meds. I'm bi-polar and have been switching moods so fast I can't keep up. Needless to say my eating has reflected this. I've gained back all but 1 lb. that I lost since joining this group. Now my blood sugar levels are going really screwy. In the morning the are really low and at niught they are sky high. I saw my psych doctor again yesterday and he calmly explained that when a diabetic bi-polar person is out of control there sugar levels also get out of control and that I better watch it or I could be in trouble. I'm due for an A1C test soon so I think I better make an appt wither my reg doc and see if he has any ideas about my sugar levels. I've just been feeling awful both physically and emotionally. Thanks for letting me rant & rave.

MJ - I have to send a FQ to Quiltin Chris but can't remember the theme for July. Can you remind me?

Irish - did you ever go to the doctor? Is your rash better?

I'm still having trouble putting my ticker on my messages. I followed (or think I did) directions and all I get is the writing - no ticker. I feel like such an idiot some times.

Missy - hope your having a great time, keep in touch when you can.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Ok,well,lets do the ticker 1st.Go to the site and join.After you join go to the ticker page,Think you done that tho.After you "copy" the numbers and letters under your ticker you made,stop! Open another window and come to this site.After you get on this site,then click your "profile" on top of this page just to the left and down one from HOME.After you get to your profile page,scroll down to your "signature",then "paste" in that box.Yes,the numbers will stay there,but your ticker will come up on your posts.That's how I did it any way and it worked.But the numbers etc,do stay in the profile box.Now,on to the other issues.When we get out of whack on meds and med changes especially,it takes about 2 to 3 weeks or longer some times to get them balanced out.They should be able to do something about your sugars tho like diabetics.If not better,then go back and have the dr's do something to help you.As for your psych meds,my hubby is on some and his got changed and it was a mess for 3 weeks,then they began working correctly but it did take awhile.So see the dr's,and get the sugars fixed,and give the other meds time to work.Between all your dr's,I'm assuming their all on the same page and know about one another and are working together as oposed to this one treating this,and that one treating that.They both need to be on the same page.Anyway,your not a bother or whining.you need help,and we're all here for you.I'm sure between all of us by tomorrow,we'll get to the bottom of this and help you going again.Meantime hang in there.We're all here for you.And then worry about your weight after these other things are fixed.Right now,you have to get these other things fixed.Then you'll be able to concentrate on the losing and you'll be more sucessfull at it with all these other stresfull things out of the way.In fact I wouldn't be surprised when they are straightened out that you lose on your own cause I know some of those psych meds will do that as a side effect.You lose on them cause your just not that hungry on them.Meantime,I'll pray again.........
    Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
    Good morning to all. Hope yesterday was a good day for all. I had a very good day. Stayed in my calorie range and walked 4 miles early, before it got hot.

Hoping today will be as good as yesterday. I have some errands to do today which include picking up backing for a quilt top I have just finished. That should keep me in a good mood. I am an emotional eater and if I am sad or upset in any way I turn to food. I am by myself and don't have anyone in the evenings (which seem to be the worst) to talk about how I am feeling. That's one of the reasons this QB and especially this thread, has been a life saver to me. Thanks to all of you.

Have a great day
    Well,I think your doing great.At that pace you should be losing lots of pounds by the months end.Especially if you keep it up,you could very well win it.It's going to take that kind of work to get it off and keep it off and win.I just watch some video's on you-tube about emotional eating,they said we eat because emotional eating releases hormones that make us feel good.I don't have a lot of people to talk to either,in fact I think there is a lot of us like that here.I saw another video where a gal lost 500 pounds just because she met people online that didn't know what she looked like and showed her love and kindness.And the weight just come off on it's own.This group is a life line and they do REALLY care about you and will help and come running at the drop of a post of someone in need.I've seen it over and over..There is many divers people on here that know a lot of stuff between them,that it's generally not long till the problem is solved.Which I think is neat.So,good job!Your doing great.
    Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 AM

Back on track today! Got up and did a 10 min solutions workout with my buddy this morning for 40 min. I love netflix! Going to run some errands today and am going to get a pedometer. I'll be checking in later with you guys again!
    Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 AM

Thanks Xylie, I appreciate your caring and support. I'm scheduled for my A1C test tomorrow morning this test tells the doc where my diabetis is really at and how often in the recent history my sugars are high or low. Then I have an appt to see my family doc on Monday to talk to him about by diabetis. And no they don't work together very well so I'm hoping that will improve with all that's going on.
    Old 08-03-2011, 05:38 AM

Oh the pedometer is a wonder. You discover how much you really move. I average only about 3000 steps a day because my work is so sedentary. Now that I know what my average is, I know how much I need to increase my activity. For me a walk around the block is another 1500 steps. How much work is that? I have even found myself walking around the rooms in my home as I chat on the cell phone. Steps, steps, steps!

I found that I can put in 1 mile by walking around the internal hallways of my office building. Up and down stairs, long halls where I pick up speed and heart rate and then down to an art gallery and back to my office are part of the walk. 20 minutes away from the desk and lots of steps. i had to look for these odd little times. I HATE just walking for the sake of walking but these little tricks get me my steps.
    Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 AM

Hi All!
    I have been wearing a pedometer every day also and it really reflects how active you are. 10,000 steps a day is very hard to achieve for me but every day I work to get a few more steps than the day before.
    I will win the battle today!
    Lisa
    Old 08-03-2011, 06:25 AM

Wearing a podometer is very eye opening. It's difficult to say "I'm so tired I was so busy today, I think I've gotten in all my steps" when your podometer says you've only walked a few 1000 steps.