Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Dare You!..... >

I Dare You!.....

I Dare You!.....

Old 06-01-2010, 06:47 AM

Grandma12 wrote:

"Oh my! I see mola art on your wall...
I used to live in Central America and spent time with the Cuna women...honest."

Those are from my MIL who traveled to Panama and Costa Rica (relatives there) quite a bit. I have two others that are not framed. I hope one day to make a quilt that looks like mola, with more experience.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 AM

Eddie,

I like your sewing area. It's obvious how bitten you have been by the quilting bug. I can relate...I jumped right in it myself. I am living in a small apartment with three other people and have my little sewing area....every room in my place has totes or shelves or drawers that holds my stash and supplies. Every day I am grateful to have quilting in my life.

You have inspired me Eddie. I have to get someone in here to do my ironing!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 AM

OK some of these Pic's look just like a store.... Mine looks like an episode of the "Horders" right now. I am pulling stuff out to sort, weed out and Keep. Think I can get through this stuff is less than 3 weeks AND pack the rest of the house? And What can I take w/me in a 30ft RV...Oh My!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76687.jpe   attachment-76688.jpe  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:36 AM

eddie that room is so unfair to the rest of us since u did it urself while alot of us women have to wait for hubby to do it for us i think i see a carpentry class at the votech in my future hmmmm.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sew_Deer
OK some of these Pic's look just like a store.... Mine looks like an episode of the "Horders" right now. I am pulling stuff out to sort, weed out and Keep. Think I can get through this stuff is less than 3 weeks AND pack the rest of the house? And What can I take w/me in a 30ft RV...Oh My!
You can definitely take your sewing machines, a plastic stacker with your threads, bobbins and notions, AND if you have a ladder to the roof - you can take whatever you want. When we moved from Oregon to AZ we did it in our 36' motorhome and one Big cupboard above the bed was designated for sewing stuff and one BIG cupboard in the dresser area was designated for sewing PLUS I had a BIG storage bin on the roof for sewing/craft stuff. Its amazing what you can get into a motorhome!! ;)
Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 AM

Once I get the room rearranged, I am going to have to put a new picture up to redeem myself. :)[/quote]

I hope this is the picture that I was intending to send---- :oops:

This is only a corner of the "earthquake" sewing room - It IS being organized tho - I promise!Those are totes of my fabric

I can't believe I am sending this
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76694[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76689.jpe  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM

Well this thread has motivated me to start cleaning off the counters.....
Old 06-01-2010, 10:38 AM

We all have this problem !!!!! it just takes guts to admit it.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Oh fine! I'll do it! :lol:
I only have a little corner of the basement, so I can't let my stash get to out of control. The funny thing is, I started organizing my sewing area yesterday, before seeing this post. I get sidetracked easily though! (there is more fabric in the bins behind my table that I got from a friend, oh, and one under the stairs...lol! I have more fabric than I want to admit!) I'll post pics after I finish cleaning/organizing....but don't hold your breath! It could take months! lol
Oy! What a mess! I'm a bit embarrassed! :oops:

My sewing area
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76718[/ATTACH]

My stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76719[/ATTACH]

bins/piles of fabric to be sorted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76720[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76713.jpe   attachment-76714.jpe   attachment-76715.jpe  
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 AM

OK. You motivated me to clean up my space. I rolled up my sleeves and bravely started cleaning. I was about a quarter of the way through when I tripped over a dowel from one of my embroidery frames and fell...hard. I am bruised down my right arm, messed my knee up and twisted my back. My grandmother always warned me to be careful putting my best foot forward because you might trip myself. Sigh... Some of you know that I had become very discouraged recently and you have sent such encouraging words. This was like getting kicked while I am down. HOWEVER, I get my unemployment check tomorrow and I am going to replace the Big Foot that broke and dig into quilting again. This quilting disease is something else isn't' it?