Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Calling all Mystery quilters... >
  • Calling all Mystery quilters...

• Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-15-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by mtngrl
    All of my choices, any help at all would be appreciated. I find choosing colors the hardest part.
    Hi! I love your choice colors. The white flowers almost look real. And I love the red, it matches the color of the center of the flowers. Chris
    Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by dutchie
    Hi Cuddly! Wonderful fabrics! You mentioned that some of your fabrics are "local South African material." Could you describe what they are? I'm always in new fabrics to lust after! LOL

Sue
    Sue that would really be so exciting if i know i manage to get a lot of quilters hunting down our website and buying from South Africa. We have AMAFU
    http://www.amafu.co.za/ - our Durban area
    this is our stunning hand dyes - these i use in every quilt i make and i use their material as my backing fabric. This mystery quilt will be the first time i am not using this fabric, but will use all my materials i purchased from DA GAMA
    http://www.shweshwe.net/products2.as...le=&frm_range=
    They bring out a new range of designs yearly or every second year. The fabrics i am using are from the Radiant Sunshine and Fudge range. They are the new patterns. STUNNING

PLEASE ALL FEEL FREE TO HAVE A LOOK. Thanks for showing interest and good luck everyone with your mystery quilt. ;)
    Old 12-15-2010, 10:18 PM

Missy thank you very much for the advise.

Material is all washed ironed and sitting on the table ready for stage 2 after Christmas. Gives me a chance to finish my pinwheel love blanket for myself before we begin.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ♥
    Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 PM

All I can say is WOW! I'm an instant fan of AMAFU fabrics. Such rich, vibrant color!

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the airport trying to finagle a free ride to South Africa!

Thank you, Cuddly, for the lovely box of eye candy!

Sue
    Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 PM

Missy hubby and i are arguing about the pinks. I have retaken the photo and put ABCD on the pinks, could you please let me know which letter is which Colour No. Sorry to do this to you. I have put the material in the order I THINK YOU MEANT. I should have done the alphabet in the beginning. Sorry to waste your precious time. Really do appreciate the extra mile you are going to US ALL.
    :thumbup:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-143760.jpe  
    Old 12-15-2010, 11:29 PM

All I can say is WOW! I'm an instant fan of AMAFU fabrics. Such rich, vibrant color!

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the airport trying to finagle a free ride to South Africa!

Sue
    :thumbup: I have never tried to finagle a free ride SO NO HELP from me this end :cry: sorry!
    I tried to fit into a friends suitcase going to Aussie these hols, but her little girls would not let me even try 8-)
    Thanks for the wonderful comments - as i said, i just love them. Have 2 boxes filled with the different sets. So handy and very helpful in the colour kits.
    Old 12-15-2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Missy hubby and i are arguing about the pinks. I have retaken the photo and put ABCD on the pinks, could you please let me know which letter is which Colour No. Sorry to do this to you. I have put the material in the order I THINK YOU MEANT. I should have done the alphabet in the beginning. Sorry to waste your precious time. Really do appreciate the extra mile you are going to US ALL.
    :thumbup:
    No problem! I don't mind. LOL too funny I can 'see' you bickering lovingly about what I meant. :) So to end the argument...C is the one I thought for the Background, and D is what I thought for the inner border. You have 10 fabrics and we need 9.. so the really pale light pink(B) is nice, but I think you may be happier with the 'bolder' colors. just my opinion. Take care and have a great day!

Missy
    Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 AM

:thumbup: Thanks Missy
    Old 12-16-2010, 01:29 AM

Sue
    :thumbup: I have never tried to finagle a free ride SO NO HELP from me this end :cry: sorry!
    I tried to fit into a friends suitcase going to Aussie these hols, but her little girls would not let me even try 8-)
    Thanks for the wonderful comments - as i said, i just love them. Have 2 boxes filled with the different sets. So handy and very helpful in the colour kits.
    Well shoot! Maybe we can fit in a flat rate box!? (uhhh no way at all.. but I can dream right!? ) although it will take 10 days to get there flatrate even!! well.. I guess it'd be a weightloss program right!? Heehee! I love those fabrics. I didn't see any pricing though. Did I miss it somewhere?
    Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 AM

Hi Cuddly! Wonderful fabrics! You mentioned that some of your fabrics are "local South African material." Could you describe what they are? I'm always in new fabrics to lust after! LOL

Sue
    Sue that would really be so exciting if i know i manage to get a lot of quilters hunting down our website and buying from South Africa. We have AMAFU
    http://www.amafu.co.za/ - our Durban area
    this is our stunning hand dyes - these i use in every quilt i make and i use their material as my backing fabric. This mystery quilt will be the first time i am not using this fabric, but will use all my materials i purchased from DA GAMA
    http://www.shweshwe.net/products2.as...le=&frm_range=
    They bring out a new range of designs yearly or every second year. The fabrics i am using are from the Radiant Sunshine and Fudge range. They are the new patterns. STUNNING

PLEASE ALL FEEL FREE TO HAVE A LOOK. Thanks for showing interest and good luck everyone with your mystery quilt. ;)
    THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!!!! :P :P :P Absolutely love the Clouds Now, how much will it cost to get them to us??? Have to check that out. :D