Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No More Quilting Purchases!!! >

No More Quilting Purchases!!!

No More Quilting Purchases!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:13 AM

Tell me about it!! I have about 9-12 active projects and have 4 major projects to be submitted for our guild's show by August 31st and last week I went to a sidewalk sale and bought another 20 yards of fabric...I need to enroll in a 12 step program....first step...admit you have a problem...oh, and we are leaving today for Shipshewana, Indiana...quilter's mecca is Lolly's...Can I just say no? Probably not since they carry Edyta Sitar's whole line of fabric!!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by christinetindell
Tell me about it!! I have about 9-12 active projects and have 4 major projects to be submitted for our guild's show by August 31st and last week I went to a sidewalk sale and bought another 20 yards of fabric...I need to enroll in a 12 step program....first step...admit you have a problem...oh, and we are leaving today for Shipshewana, Indiana...quilter's mecca is Lolly's...Can I just say no? Probably not since they carry Edyta Sitar's whole line of fabric!!
Oh, you are headed for trouble - have fun with it though.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
I know, Right? I just about cry when I walk in that store!!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:54 AM

I am so glad I am not alone. I work full time and can only quilt during the weekends. I miss working with fabric. So at work I shop on-line and buy, buy, buy. I said it was on sale and I am helping the economy. I think I need therapy (sp) fast. My house is so loaded with fabric and projects to do. I like a lot your suggestions and I am going to apply them to myself and just say NO NO No to buying. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
I know, Right? I just about cry when I walk in that store!!
Don't forget to go to Yoder's Dept Store too. They are in the process of adding on to the fabric section and may have it done by now.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:46 AM

Stay away from the stores. I ran amok for awhile, now I have to cool my heels.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:37 AM

I hear what you are saying....I am totally addicted to thrift stores. I added up last month what I spent and I was shocked :shock: I didn't realize how quick a few bucks here and there add up. I see something and justify it by saying what a fantastic deal.
I took my keys away from myself this week so that I can't drive there. :lol: Myself is getting quite frustrated with this arrangement. Although, I am getting quite a bit of sewing accomplished.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Very true... its my lunch hours at work that get me, I think I will just run to the store and "look". UGH! :)

We can do it Jean1941!!
I found a way around this issue for me. Maybe it will work for you too.

I started bringing my small notebook the has graph paper pages and isometric pages (I printed those off and tucked them in the pocket). That way I was spending my lunches planning out my next great project rather then spending money. I also found it handy when I would see a really cool tile pattern that I wanted to turn into a quilt pattern.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
Stay away from the stores. I ran amok for awhile, now I have to cool my heels.
Love your little quote. Unique. Great.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by jean1941
May have do like me on fixed income just stay home and work on what I have and stay out of stores It is hard but we can do it if we stick together and keep telling ourselves that we can do it LOL
Yup thats what I do. Trying to reduce the inventory and buy as little as I have to! :-)