Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Banned

I am the baby food queen........I get the 4oz jars of carrots {my fav) and different kinds of fruits and veggies. Make sure they don't have anything added like rice, flour or any fillers.....READ LABLES.......when I am hungry for a snack I grab a jar and sometimes I eat the entire jar sometimes only part of it. It is quick,easy but I like it becasue it is portion controled most are 50 calories per jar. I make my own yogurt so I will have 1/2 jar of fruit mixed with 4 oz of plain yogurt for breakfast or a bedtime snack. If you buy plain yogurt and mix in the baby fruit it is less calories and doesn't have all the crap most store bought yogurt. Read the lable of store bought, they have dye and thicking agents. You don't need that you want to eat good WHOLE healthy food.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by littlesister
Count me in. My birthday is the 2nd of March and I could stand to lose some weight. I will also try to work on some blocks. This is the first time that I have done this so what am I suppose to do?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry I am a day late!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluteddi

** HEY** can u be in this pool if u get lap band/gastric???? thats cheating!! I'll have no chance at all those FQ!!!!! J/K

This has come up in the past. If a person is under doctors care with a VERY LOW calorie intake they could play along HOWEVER they can not win the FQ's even if they are the biggest. This is the honor system and I would hope if a player would be honest to tell us the truth of their weight loss. Missy will be having the surgery, she has been a winner in the past. Actually I think she was are very first winner. Missy is an asset to this group, we have been doing it about a year and Missy knows the rules.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
MISSY................I think you need a {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}

I walked into the bathroon with only a bra and panties and realized I don't look REALLY fat any more. Now I don't look thin by any means HOWEVER I look curvy!!!!!! I will take curvy over fat anyday. I still have a lot more to go. What is funny is I started off wanting to lose 30lb and that was 32 lbs ago and now I still want to lose another 30lbs. I feel it is now or never. If I don't lose it now I never will or if I do I will be older and have more saggy baggy extra skin hanging problems.

It took me a month to get to this point of being able to exercise 20 minutes 3 times a day. I won't me fat, I won't be fat, I won't be fat!!!!!!!!!
Good for you, Tru. This is a good attitude and thanks for the encouragement.

Missy, glad you are back. Miss you
Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Good morning everyone. I made it safe and sound to FL. (The fires are the next county over) Thank the Lord for my safe trip! Got to my daughter's house right at midnight. When I left my house, I did not stop for anything, not even to pee, which I know wasn't good, but.....

I've always liked to eat and munch while on the road, but not last night. I brought 2 bottles of water with me and drank those. I made it in 7 1/2 hrs, which is good time. Everybody was asleep when I got here. I let myself in with my key. I crawled into bed next to my precious GD, Kayla (the one learning to quilt). She woke up and kept hugging me. Karli had gone to sleep on Kaylas floor, waiting on me to get in. She roused up, smiled and went right back to sleep. Kayla and I talked and giggled until 1:30 this morning. When Madison (2 yrs old) saw me this morning, she squealed with excitement. Now, that made this Nanny's heart happy. My Grands always make me feel so good when they get excited over seeing me.

I will be working remote, on my laptop, from my daughter's today and tomorrow, but have to go into the office next week. I best get off the computer and get back to work. I hope you all have a good day and an easy time of making healthy food choices.

Oh, MJ, I am proud of you and your "nightie" fitting! You go girl! Have a good day~ Sandy
Happy you arrived safely and are enjoying your Grandkids. When I am feeling down, all I have to do is see my grandkids especially the little one who is 4. They make me so happy. They are our rewards, aren't they? Have fun. Donna G
Old 03-03-2011, 08:24 AM

Tru, thats a great idea. I have been wondering about useing baby food to flavor oatmeal. I love the banana and it seems like you would have alot less sugar than with the flavored packets. I get the lower sugar ones but they still have alot in them. I wish oatmeal had more protien in it, if I have oatmeal or a healthy cereal for breakfast I am starving and shaky by 10:00, and we all know the rest of that story! :roll:
Old 03-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Hey guys...I just wanted to pop in and let you guys knows that I am NOT in the running for the FQs. I am here for the support and friendship. Even after my surgery I will not be putting myself in the running for the fabric. That would not be fair to you guys at all.

I love you guys and am so glad I know you!!!

Missy
Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Good morning everyone. I made it safe and sound to FL. (The fires are the next county over) Thank the Lord for my safe trip! Got to my daughter's house right at midnight. When I left my house, I did not stop for anything, not even to pee, which I know wasn't good, but.....

I've always liked to eat and munch while on the road, but not last night. I brought 2 bottles of water with me and drank those. I made it in 7 1/2 hrs, which is good time. Everybody was asleep when I got here. I let myself in with my key. I crawled into bed next to my precious GD, Kayla (the one learning to quilt). She woke up and kept hugging me. Karli had gone to sleep on Kaylas floor, waiting on me to get in. She roused up, smiled and went right back to sleep. Kayla and I talked and giggled until 1:30 this morning. When Madison (2 yrs old) saw me this morning, she squealed with excitement. Now, that made this Nanny's heart happy. My Grands always make me feel so good when they get excited over seeing me.

I will be working remote, on my laptop, from my daughter's today and tomorrow, but have to go into the office next week. I best get off the computer and get back to work. I hope you all have a good day and an easy time of making healthy food choices.

Oh, MJ, I am proud of you and your "nightie" fitting! You go girl! Have a good day~ Sandy
I am so very glad you got there safe and sound. Next time stop to go pee.
:D :D :lol:
Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 AM

[quote=trupeach1]I am the baby food queen........I get the 4oz jars of carrots {my fav) and different kinds of fruits and veggies. [qoute]

I don think I could do baby food veggies..... fruits would be ok... but I need the crunch in my veggies.

I love yogart, but as u said.. the store bought ones are so full of , well, everything! Every now and then I'll find a decent one.. but not often. I've never tried making my own yogart.... share a recipe?

*I'll play nice now.... no more "u know what"
It just took a while to chake that lil devil off my shoulder...
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM

I think Missy should be allowed in this month. She is on a strick diet but one she told us about that anyone of us could choice to do. Also she exercises 4Xs a day, that's working hard for weight loss, any of us could choose to do the same. She should not be kept out just because she has a goal to reach for surgery. There are a lot of us heading for that surgery if we don't get the weight off so maybe we should be following her lead on diet and exercise, check with doctor first, instead of just not wanting her in. There are a lot of skinny mimmies outthere who are not getting in because they don't need the weight loss but they could learn a lot from us and our trials that could help them. We fatty Matties know we are not going to win every month but we still jump in. If I win one of these months I will still jump in the next to encourage the next winner with my FQ. I am going to follow Missys example and see if I can be as strong as she is. Missy let me know what you loose, I will send youb 10 SW FQs if you reach your goal. Ree Ann Chick aka SWChick