Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Is This Too Ugly To Give? >

Is This Too Ugly To Give?

Is This Too Ugly To Give?

Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 PM

I really like it. If you are concerned that it isn't right, you could whip up a crib sheet from the lt blue infant fabric to coordinate the baby-look. There are crib sheet patterns on the web and probably here at the board. I would love it if it were for me!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 PM

I don't think it's ugly. The kiddie prints show it as a baby quilt in my oppinion. :lol:
Old 09-25-2011, 04:22 PM

I like it because it looks like a boy's quilt. Remember he will not be a baby forever. Also when I have made a quilt for a baby, I always tell the mother to use it on the floor so the baby can look around, don't handle it with care.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 PM

OMG... ugly in your eyes is truly beautiful in others. What a great quilt. Give it with love and it will be loved!!! Give it with joy and it will be enjoyed!!! Give it with pride and be proud of the result!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 PM

Nothing ugly about it. It looks wonderfully snuggly.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
I'm so glad you stuck to your guns and gave it. It is so neat to know that it will be loved and cherished. Too bad people don't read the whole thing here before they comment. It looks like there is a lot of agreement with having a quilt a baby boy can grow up with though. I know the little man (DGS) would love one - in fact I'm starting one made out of shirts. I think I'm going to include the pockets and all. I'll bet if i gave him the choice between something cute & baby he would choose the more manly quilt even though he is only 2. The new baby boy (due in December) is going to be getting a smaller one just like it. THANK YOU for the inspiration!!!
Thank you Miriam... I'll be looking for yours later on. The shirts with the pockets intact is a great idea! Little people love to tuck little toys or even just their hands in them.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MonnaL
I am amazed at the colors/patterns that mom's are using for babies nowdays. I'm betting this mom will LOVE it!

At my age, I still want to use pink and blue, bunnies, etc. but I know that very few young mothers share my taste.

I think it's incredibly cute, and yes.. please give it! It's probably just not your taste - but you nailed it as bohemian/modern!
Aw, thank you!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 PM

Not at all.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
If you don't tell anyone you think it's ugly nobody will think so either, because actually it's different (a good thing - unique) and it's very cute. If it were for my baby I'd be delighted with it. Really.
That's what hubby said... not to mention anything at the shower about thinking it was ugly. So I didn't and it was very well received. I admit, I was surprised, but the quilt is starting to grow on me.

Thank you everyone for your VERY KIND comments! :-D
Old 09-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alapetitechaise
I really like it. If you are concerned that it isn't right, you could whip up a crib sheet from the lt blue infant fabric to coordinate the baby-look. There are crib sheet patterns on the web and probably here at the board. I would love it if it were for me!
Wish I'd thought of that!

Love your avatar! Please thank your hubby for his service, from me, a grateful American...