Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 AM

I just get sick of looking at my over stuffed closet & go from there.Don't want clothes I can't wear in there & hopefully,prayfully.....don't plan to ever gain wt again.

My fat clothes come from having fat disease & it's past time for me to take charge.Take my med(food plan) & treat it the same as I would any disease. Talking strictly to myself

Besides....I like buying new clothes. :-D

Originally Posted by BettyKay
What is the secret to getting rid of the "fat clothes". I am afraid that I will need them again and can't part with them like Jeannette. What is the secret
Old 10-04-2011, 02:20 AM

What a scary experience!!! I'd be shaking for a wk." So glad you all came thru it safely.

I thank God every moment for how he protected us and kept us safe."

Missy
Old 10-04-2011, 02:46 AM

I am sitting here in the hosptipal wide awake, so wishing and desiring to be home in my bed. Although mom won't let me go to my place yet. I will be staying in the main house.

My son and DIL while they were here over the weekend, cleaned up my apartment didn't mess with any of the sewing area (fabric, etc)

I am feeling so much better so ready to be healed from this thoracotomy. It will be a challange to get use to only having 1/3 lung on the right. Being a respiratory therapist I know you can live with just one lung. It is great to be alive.

I defenitely will have a different prospective on when my job when I go back to work towards my patients.

MJ you need to follow your doctors orders always.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 AM

Good morning everyone!

plainpat it's good to see another early bird on the thread with me. I don't cook the same for others living in the house for the most part. During the week we all have different schedules so wind up eating at different time. On weekends I try to cook for DH so we have some time together,

Cindy so glad to hear you're going home. I'm sure it will take some time for you to feel totally back to your old self. Just don't push it - take it easy. My prayers are with you.

MJ I'm not going to get on your case for the amount of walking you choose to do. We all make our own choiceses in how we live our lives whether it's folowing doc orders or not following our food plans. We all have choices to make that affect our health and well being. Take care of yourself. Good luck at the doc today. My prayers are with you.

Judy, glad to hear you are feeling better. I had my gall bladder out many years ago and have never had a bit of trouble. If I was in that situation again I would do it again.

I'm off to help the church ladies bake lefse this morning then plan to sew and get some cleaning done this afternoon. Knowing how much I hate cleaning not sure how much I'll get done. Sewing I have to get done - I bought a couple of pair of lounge pants at St. Vinvent's yesterday and of course they are to long. The perrils of being short. I just love those wild lounge pants people are wearing these days. I have some material to make a couple of pair but have been to busy quilting to sew them.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I can do this, One Day at a Time!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
My son and DIL while they were here over the weekend, cleaned up my apartment didn't mess with any of the sewing area (fabric, etc)
You have them trained so well! Wonderful that you are already noticing an improvement.

Keepin you in my prayers.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:19 AM

Just a quick hello. Plan to spend the day with DH. Did too much yesterday - like there was a choice - tired this morning. Gotta bank my energy for a project grad event on Friday when I will be on my feet for hours.

I am down 2# this month. While I don't expect the same success as I had in May, half that would be nice. Actually, that is the bare minimum I expect. No sugary drinks for me should make that a reality.

Time to take the kid to school. Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:19 AM

Survived the weekend without over eating. They are always the hardest time. Ready to get outside while the weather is so wonderful. Hope everyone has a good successful week.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 AM

I wish us all much success this month. I enjoy reading the posts here and hope that those in ill health improve everyday. So far I have continued the downward slope and am motivated to keep doing what I am doing. Although I do want to up the water intake. I know it will be good for all my systems.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
Irishrose I like what your friend said - I am a compulsive overeater, so I am not one to take portion control advice from, but I had a good friend who tried to teach me to eat three bites of any yummy food. She truly felt that after the first three bites, it all tasted the same, so why bother.

I am trying to downsize portions so I only eat half of what is on my plate and give the rest to Murphy.

I have been working seriously on weight loss since the beginning of September and am determined to be below 200 by my birthday in March.

Hope everyone's week has started off just the way it should food wise.
I've heard that the first bite tastes the best & after 3 bites your taste buds don't process the taste any more...we just keep eating trying to get that first bite taste again. Not sure I buy it but maybe? I decided today that every bite left on my plate counts! If I can only leave a few bites behind; that is still a few bites not on my behind! :lol:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:36 AM

I'm scheduled for a heart cath on Friday. If all goes well, I'll be home Friday night. If not, will be home Monday or so.

Cindy, so happy to hear from you. Keep on taking care and you will get better soon.

Everyone, I'd like to hear about your exercise. Tell me what you are doing and how often. Even little steps count. While waiting in the doctor's office I read an article about interval exercise. It suggested bumping up your pace for 60 seconds every 5 minutes while exercising. Let me know if you try this. I want to hear what you think about it.