Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM

ATTENTION~do NOT listen to Havplenty begging to be told who her person is....it is a ploy!!!! she tries a new one every month!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Found the turkey lacers that some of you have been talking about to make the stiletto's so am going to play with them since I already do beading and scissor fobs, etc....will see how that turns out...I think the woman at Walmart thought I was missing a few spools myself when she heard me tell dh I needed to go grab a few packs of turkey lacers for a quilt project
I need some very large stilettos to poke family members into line.
Sharp ones.
That fit on the end of a shotgun.
(Don't worry. I'd only load it with rock salt like mountain folk do to shoo off the revenuers. When you shoot them it stings like heck, but the salt keeps the wounds cleaned out ...)
OK. Back to reality.
Keep sharp things away from me.
At least for the rest of the afternoon.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by dconroy84 View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]
Hi, I thought that wallhanging was so cute so I went searching for the pattern and found it. Here is the info and link for the patterns: http://www.chrisgilman.com/patterns.html. Hope this helps those that are looking for it.

Donna C.
dconroy84
~ thanks for the research on this. i really like that pattern and the humor the designer displays on her website. the background story that goes with this pattern is too cute.

~ update on a/c: my landlord (and owner) has made it abundantly clear that he is not fixing the a/c and would rather let me roast in this heat until i am completely moved out. this after 10 yrs of model residency and being a sort of watch guard for our 4 apt building. hmmmm..... what a ?????

beyond that i really hate to leave my turn of the century building and my neighborhood. i am a 10 minute walk from everything. what an ideal location. oh well. change is good, change is good, change is good. you think if i say it enough i will start to believe it??

Last edited by Havplenty; 08-02-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I need some very large stilettos to poke family members into line.
Sharp ones.
That fit on the end of a shotgun.
(Don't worry. I'd only load it with rock salt like mountain folk do to shoo off the revenuers. When you shoot them it stings like heck, but the salt keeps the wounds cleaned out ...)
OK. Back to reality.
Keep sharp things away from me.
At least for the rest of the afternoon.
you have been watching too much of that show of yours about mountain people...huderites or whoever they are.....
Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
what if i make a dish cloth pattern with acrylic yarn that will just be decorative and not functional? would that work for anyone? i got this whole tub full of yarn (red heart?) and before i drop most of it off to goodwill (still thinking on that) i wanna try my hand at a dishcloth crochet pattern

would any of you want to be the recipient of my creation?
Mee mee meee... don't send yarn to goodwill! me me me.. I'm going to make the most adorable little crochet mouses for kitty toys and I have no yarn.. and little monsters. Lookie
mousey http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...99&postcount=1
monster http://craftyiscool.blogspot.com/201...e-monster.html
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 AM

you have been watching too much of that show of yours about mountain people...huderites or whoever they are.....
Oh the Hutterites are up here in Montana. They are an interesting bunch for sure. We lived in KS for 10 years and got to experience Fred Phelps' group more than we cared to and compared to them, the Hutterites are awesome.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post

~ update on a/c: my landlord (and owner) has made it abundantly clear that he is not fixing the a/c and would rather let me roast in this heat until i am completely moved out. this after 10 yrs of model residency and being a sort of watch guard for our 4 apt building. hmmmm..... what a ?????
check your rental laws. In Minnesota if he refused to pay, you could pay and withhold it from the rent. See how he likes that. And he couldn't kick you out for it either because he has to fix it within a reasonable amount of time here.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 AM

Ok have got my SP and have a few clues, first she/he lives in a different country to me and is a newbie or not!

Pleased to see a few packages to go out of US but the world is a big place any further clues??

Lori, thanks for the hard work hope you feel better soon and rope in as many people as you can to help with the move.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Got my SP - hint, I used to vacation lots in the state she resides in - not in the city, but in the state. She's been quilting for many years - and like alot of us is a grandma. Could it be you???? Started on your package last night - and I think it's almost ready.
Lori, I echo all of us here - thanks for all the hard work you do. Do you ever let yourself have a SP even though you know who it is?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 AM

ATTENTION~do NOT listen to Havplenty begging to be told who her person is....it is a ploy!!!! she tries a new one every month!!!
Havplenty Waving Waving do you see me??

While I have your attention. check out putting this months rent into escrow till a/c fixed or you are in a new apt. There may be a renters advocacy group in your town that can help, or a renters association.

You could make the dishcloth pattern with the yarn, just let receiver know it isn't cotton. It might work for a soft scrubbie or such. Also you could make it as a mug rug of sorts, if the stitch pattern you use is tight enough could make 2 and have a pincushion, or fold diagonally as a pincushion, maybe even work into a thread catcher. You could crochet a 14' cover for a throw pillow and let sp use to make a change to a pillow already on hand.

I'll be saying some very special prayers for you this afternoon Krystyna, and sending my guardian angel over for a bit to help yours out too. But I will need her back later on. Did you ever do Lamaze breathing -it isn't just for birthing babies, it helps after you give birth no time limit, you will always need it.

back later