Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

• August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 AM
    Swap Hosts

Add me to that prayer list. Going through a family situation and I'm not sure what to do about it. But I am fairly certain that my head will explode if it goes on for one more second.
    Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 AM

I need to work less and puruse this thread more, way too much missed in only 24 hours!!

Hugs and prayers to all and thanks again Lori for all of your hard work and hosting the swap! You definitely put a lot of time and effort into matching everyone up.

Now it's time to go shopping!
    Old 08-02-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    q quick question for you crocheters: do you only use cotton weight yarns when making the dish cloths or can one use the acrylic yarns also?

mary
    ok so i now know to use cotton yarn for absorbency and functionality. another question(s): what if i make a dish cloth pattern with acrylic yarn that will just be decorative and not functional? would that work for anyone? i got this whole tub full of yarn (red heart?) and before i drop most of it off to goodwill (still thinking on that) i wanna try my hand at a dishcloth crochet pattern i saw. now i haven't crocheted in some years (i do know how tho) so this is sort of for sport.

would any of you want to be the recipient of my creation?
    Old 08-02-2012, 07:08 AM

Yeay got my name and she is wayyy north of me.
    Old 08-02-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Add me to that prayer list. Going through a family situation and I'm not sure what to do about it. But I am fairly certain that my head will explode if it goes on for one more second.
    hang in there krystyna. i think so many of us are going through some challenges right now, me included. i am choosing to focus my thoughts on the other side of my challenges just so i can keep my head held high and my sanity. i, by chance, found this note written down in a gently used something that i am sending my pal. i hope these words can be encouraging to someone today.

Life is not a straight line -
    Either downward or upward -
    but sometimes more irregular,
    a zigzag as like a corkscrew,
    or sometimes a scribble.
    And sometimes,
    you get to what you thought was the last,
    and
    you find a whole new beginning.

~author unkown

Old 08-02-2012, 07:25 AM

Good Morning everyone...seems like we need a HUGE group HUG...too much crap going on with everyone and/or their families!! When you read this, if you are so inclined, send up a ten second prayer for everyone on our thread with health, family, and any other kind of problems....including non working a/c's.....that's a lot of prayers ya'll....!!!!

Elisabrat are you too far from any LQS's? I like the magazines too instead of looking on websites...next best thing to the actual shop lol..
    Teresa~haven't heard much out of you...everything ok?
    Found the turkey lacers that some of you have been talking about to make the stiletto's so am going to play with them since I already do beading and scissor fobs, etc....will see how that turns out...I think the woman at Walmart thought I was missing a few spools myself when she heard me tell dh I needed to go grab a few packs of turkey lacers for a quilt project
    They opened a new JoAnns here this week so I don't have to go 25 minutes away anymore...going to go check it out...
    Now, I want everyone to try and think positive thoughts about whatever is going on, try to have a good day, keep cool, and breathe....HUGS YA"LL
    Old 08-02-2012, 07:28 AM

oh btw, whomever got my name, please speak up, hold your hand up or wave. i am sure i didn't complete my template right. i am so scatterbrained right now and i think i was trying to make sure i got any/all of lori's 'new' questions on my template and may not have completely filled in my information.

i really just want to help make this a successful process for you and ask that you forgive my snafu.[ATTACH=CONFIG]353101[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images  
    Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 AM

Prayers for Krystyna for sure. I want you to be feeling well and be your amusing self.

Sega I am glad you are getting your dog. Is it the one you saw before?

Feel better everyone...I wish someone was here to go shopping with me. I am about to head out to the LQS and Joann's.
    Old 08-02-2012, 07:38 AM

I would go with you Sharon but it is a long walk to IL so I guess you will have to take me in spirit with you. Krystna an all the rest I am sorry for your troubles. I think there are so many of us here with health troubles (me included) and families with trouble and its absolutely wonderful what a great support group. It is wonderful knowing how good and kind all of you are. Thank you sincerely. This blog is like reaching out to friends who open their hearts and share their lives with you.. just like family and often better than that.
    Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]
    Hi, I thought that wallhanging was so cute so I went searching for the pattern and found it. Here is the info and link for the patterns: http://www.chrisgilman.com/patterns.html. Hope this helps those that are looking for it.

Donna C.
    dconroy84