Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Hey Girls my sp lives in the same state that is named after the man on the dollar lol, easy I know but how many of you actually live there is the next question.we have alot on common and I cant wait , I hope to send something out homeade but Iam still healing and alot of different meds making me worse it seems.Well I cant wait working hard to perfect this package as I always do.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Faye, Ladybug and Joejoe31 I will be praying for all of the needs you mentioned. Joejoe31 I'm sure your sp will love the pkg you send. I am still talking about it. I want to take pics. just haven't had too much time. Went to Bangor today, not too far from you. I bought some items at Joann's to start next years quilt show quilt. I'm in hopes to place higher than 3rd next year. I am going to hand embroider and bead each block. My sp has an unusual pet, she is going to be easy to buy for, lives sw of me.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 PM

Elisabrat - My favorite weekend getaway is to Sonora/Columbia/Angel's Camp/Calaveras Big Trees/Murphys. I love your solitude, but I would definitely miss my many LQSs.

To all those on here who are ill or have loved ones in need of prayers, they are on the way. So sorry to hear about all the health issues. Makes me sad for everyone.

And Lori, put your feet up or in a container of cold water for a while. When I was pregnant so many years ago, I always had what I called elephantitis of the legs and feet - so I know exactly how uncomfortable you are.

On a happier note I got my SP (thanks Lori for all your hard work) and I think I might include a nice gag gift - I was inspired by his/her profile. Sorry - that's an impossible clue to decipher, isn't it? Stay tuned on another day for a better one. I will tell you that I did NOT get K.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 PM

q quick question for you crocheters: do you only use cotton weight yarns when making the dish cloths or can one use the acrylic yarns also?

mary
Old 08-01-2012, 09:05 PM

I live about 200 mi from him.

Originally Posted by joejoe31 View Post
Hey Girls my sp lives in the same state that is named after the man on the dollar lol, easy I know but how many of you actually live there is the next question.we have alot on common and I cant wait , I hope to send something out homeade but Iam still healing and alot of different meds making me worse it seems.Well I cant wait working hard to perfect this package as I always do.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 PM

Lori do take care of yourself. We are always willing to wait. And we would be Lost with out you!{{{{hugs}}}}
Fay praying for your brother, you, and all of your family members. {{{{hugs }}}}
Ladybug praying for your son, you and all of your family members. Hope they can diagnose it and get going with the treatment. Go ahead and have a good cry. {{{{hugs }}}}

Who ever gets Elisabrat sounds like she needs the scissors locking gadget-desprately, but evidently she doesn't want the stinking fish. I actually like herring, but no crayfish thank you.
Elisabrat if you go over to the virtual online Fabshophop you will find all kinds of quilt shops that have online options, besides Keepsake, Connecting Threads, Hancock's....
Oh no I went past my bedtime again. So Good Night all ~you will all be in my prayers tonight.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
q quick question for you crocheters: do you only use cotton weight yarns when making the dish cloths or can one use the acrylic yarns also?

mary
Only cotton you want it to be absorbant. well this is from a knitter not so much a crocheter.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 PM

Ok.. soo.. separate country swap partner of mine.. I unfortunately won't get to send you the massive box o'goodies I usually do but I think I can get you some things that fit your questionnaire easily enough. I did order 3 things for you tonight so I hope they don't take long to get here and I hope you like them. I thought about sending them directly to you but i think there would be a whole bunch of brain loss on my end there. Well this way I get to fondle them first.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM

Happy happy got my names, and working on packages.

Faye many prayers for brother.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:07 PM

My secret Pal lives 2,100 miles away from me... ok give or take a mile or two! We like the same colors, but her least favorite color is one I like... AND I have a great treat for her regarding her favorite candy!

Lori, I am so sorry about you not feeling well. prayers to you Faye and your brother, Ladybug, hope they can find the best antibiotic available to help your son. Hav, sure hope they fix your air conditioner, that is really tough with the weather so hot!

Brenda, I am sending you a little something that I did not get to you last month~