Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-03-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
~ to my secret pal: you didn't note if you like candles on your sheet. you did note a lot of what you like on your sheet but not candles. i wonder.... i have a lot of candles and my soy candles are not faring well in this heat. i haven't been to a craft event in a coupla months so haven't sold any. please lemme know if you would like a candle or two.

~ also i was able to touch most of what you mentioned on your sheet. there was lots there so i gotta get a big box. now for the candy you mentioned i am not so familiar with. it is too hot to send chocolate but the other one you listed, where might i find that? lemme know that too.
Do you buy your supplies for your candles online or locally. I purchased a candle starter kit last year and made some soy candles but the scent they mailed for free with the kit was too strong and I didn't really like it and I haven't tried it again. I am thinking of making some tealights for a craft show I am in this December. I have a greeting cardwith a candle idea I want to play with and was wondering if you knew of a good website for supplies. Also, any tips and tricks would be appreciated. You can PM me if you'd like. Did you ever sell them online? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Cymbalta is good -- also prescribed for restless leg syndrome, arthritis, hot flashes, nite sweats, depression. So if it works on your discomfort, maybe it will also work on your mental state so you won't really give a darn, anyway. A cardiologist prescribed it to me for restless legs and it worked very well on arthritis problems in feet and hands -- I used to get cortisone shots every couple months -- haven't had one since prescribed, almost 4 years ago. And, my post-menopausal mental state is much improved...and there are a lot of things I don't give a darn about any more. Life is good. But seriously, Lori, I'm glad your doctor was finally able to put a name on your condition so that now they will have better ideas on how to treat it and control it. I have many friends with it, and rest and diet are critical. I like the idea of more rest ....gotta go now.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
Do you buy your supplies for your candles online or locally. I purchased a candle starter kit last year and made some soy candles but the scent they mailed for free with the kit was too strong and I didn't really like it and I haven't tried it again. I am thinking of making some tealights for a craft show I am in this December. I have a greeting cardwith a candle idea I want to play with and was wondering if you knew of a good website for supplies. Also, any tips and tricks would be appreciated. You can PM me if you'd like. Did you ever sell them online? Thanks!
i will need to email you because i have lots of information and several buy sources. pm me your email address. i buy my essential/fragrance oils from a variety of sources also.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
q quick question for you crocheters: do you only use cotton weight yarns when making the dish cloths or can one use the acrylic yarns also?

mary
Mary, Use cotton yarn... Acrylic doesn't absorb the water... ...
Old 08-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Having a Dr tell me I have fibromyalgia doesn't change anything, I have been in pain for 4 years now, so now I know why. He did prescribe Cymbalta (?). He gave me samples for 1 month and if I find any relief in 3 weeks I am to call back and they will call in a RX with refills, so fingers crossed. lol[/QUOTE]

Lori I was diagnosed with Fibromalgia about 4 years ago and find that to many of those meds for Fibro have to many side effects especially people with Heart problems... I take Neurontin and for the most part it works, I do have bad days but you will have those whatever you take... Hope it works for you..
Old 08-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Dear Secret Pal, I hope you don't mind that I used batting to stuff the empty space - I promise, that box is absolutely full of awesome things that (I'm pretty certain) you'll love. I even found you a set of special quilting patterns for your new toy; I hope you'll forgive me when I say I made a copy of it for myself first.

But I wonder... have you ever used Quilt Fuse before? Hopefully one of your LQS carries it!

And while it seems like most of my swap partners are south of me (really, who ISN'T south of me?!), you are only slightly south and very east of me... 4 states and a lake, to be (semi) precise.

Come Monday, I bet you'll know if any of these hints were aimed at you!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Rob came home today and think he not only is tired but overwhelmed with the things that he has to do... He will be ging himself the Antibodic in a port... and will need to have his incision repacked every morning... A lot for a kid that has never really been sick or in the hospital... Felt relieved when I found out he was home... ''

Thanks for all the prayers and hugs, especially the hugs, K, you know you are in my prayers and just one day at a time...
Did some shopping for my SP and got a really pretty FQ at the Quilt shop and then I found yardage of something she likes at Joann's so got that I had a coupon plus 25% off so was in my $10 budget... She lives way way west of me and to the north... Oh and I am making a pin cushion for her in her favorite holiday colors... Enough... for now
Old 08-03-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
Dear Secret Pal, I hope you don't mind that I used batting to stuff the empty space - I promise, that box is absolutely full of awesome things that (I'm pretty certain) you'll love. I even found you a set of special quilting patterns for your new toy; I hope you'll forgive me when I say I made a copy of it for myself first.

But I wonder... have you ever used Quilt Fuse before? Hopefully one of your LQS carries it!

And while it seems like most of my swap partners are south of me (really, who ISN'T south of me?!), you are only slightly south and very east of me... 4 states and a lake, to be (semi) precise.

Come Monday, I bet you'll know if any of these hints were aimed at you!
Know it's not me, haven't gotten any new toys ... Darn
Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Since Tuesday is my big "5" "0" birthday, guess my sp should send me a birthday cake. I would love an ice cream cake. You shouldn't have any trouble sending that wish. The one thing I don't want is $1.35 lobsters. Do you know how many lobsters we have eaten. Usually we can't afford to eat them, but DD set 10 traps for personal lobsters for us to eat. I can't afford to eat hot dogs! Who would ever think hot dogs would cost more than lobster. My sp likes everything, isn't fussy, and wants scraps. It is very hot were she lives. It is foggy and muggy were I live. The fog was so thick this morning DH and DD didn't go to haul, they couldn't even see who the boat beside them was.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
OK. This month no monkeys. No shoes. No party hats.
I am sending you each the perfect man.
You're welcome.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352895[/ATTACH]
Heah there, how'd you get a picture of my husband???? (Well maybe not EXACTLY like my husband, this guy has has more hair, (hubby is bald) and this guy seems a bit taller than my hubby and maybe a few years younger too.....) Oh well, what I MEANT to say was....my husabnd actually does this, when he pick up a pair of scissors that are not in 'THE kitchen' drawer. He will ask me can I use these for........ I trained him years ago when I bought my first pair of Ginghers,and threatened to use the sharp end on him if he even thought about picking them up!!! LOL Guess it worked!