Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 AM

K, you are too much. These past few days I've been feeling like you so pass the rifle and rock salts. Hey maybe we can devise a team for the next Olympics? Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 AM

Hey Krystyna I had never seen that episode before. Thanks for the laugh! Hope you have a peaceful and uneventful day.

Thought I would say that I love candles and you can buy Heath Bars at Walmart, they are like crunchy toffee covered in chocolate. Just in case I am your SP Hav.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:19 AM

Well, I know it isn't me cause my candy was a simple one - right from the grocery store - nothing exotic like gummy bears or toffee!! Now, I guess my all time favorite candy is called Dream Mint or Mind Dream one of the two and it's hard to find unless you have a Russell Stover store close by. And I need that Serenity Now in my life as well. Been eating too much bad stuff cause it's handy and easy to cook.
Another hint for my Sp - you and I both love purple fabric. One more item for box and it's in the mail probably Monday morning.
Lori, I sent you a PM, be on the look out for it.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 AM

I have some one to take the swapper who got in the game late! Everything is good.

Having a Dr tell me I have fibromyalgia doesn't change anything, I have been in pain for 4 years now, so now I know why. He did prescribe Cymbalta (?). He gave me samples for 1 month and if I find any relief in 3 weeks I am to call back and they will call in a RX with refills, so fingers crossed. lol
Old 08-03-2012, 05:55 AM

Dear SP, your pkg is heading SOUTH of me and will reach you on MONDAY, you and I hate the same candy, BOTH of us have a fur baby(ies), last but not least, we both collect things but different things!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Dear SP, your pkg is heading SOUTH of me and will reach you on MONDAY, you and I hate the same candy, BOTH of us have a fur baby(ies), last but not least, we both collect things but different things!
YAY! It's me!!! How do I know? I can see you. You're standing on your head. So I'm south of you. YAY!!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
YAY! It's me!!! How do I know? I can see you. You're standing on your head. So I'm south of you. YAY!!!!
Damn K, you're good!
Old 08-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Damn K, you're good!
I know. It is my special talent.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM

Havplenty, I love candles. I used to make soy candles and tried selling them but when I was making them it was a new thing around hear and people didn't want to pay the price for them. Not that I was over priced I as long as I made a little profit to buy supplies that was okay with me. I like soy candles better than regular was candles they burn so much better. Have you ever tried making Gel candles?

Donna C.
dconroy84
Old 08-03-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by dconroy84 View Post

Havplenty, I love candles. I used to make soy candles and tried selling them but when I was making them it was a new thing around hear and people didn't want to pay the price for them. Not that I was over priced I as long as I made a little profit to buy supplies that was okay with me. I like soy candles better than regular was candles they burn so much better. Have you ever tried making Gel candles?

Donna C.
dconroy84
i have some gel candles also. the soy candles do burn cleaner than wax candles but they are also more delicate. i was doing well selling them as i made up candle baskets and included other relaxing things in the baskets. people need visuals sometimes when buying new things so they know what to do with them. i even sold a couple of baskets to men as a 'date night' special. lol.

i started into candles as a relaxation technique for stress and insomnia. and then i found others around me were experiencing the effects of stress also. so i started selling candles along with relaxation music cds (similar to spa cds).

i found i really loved the native american flute players cds. so if my sp giver (sender) is thinking of sending something special, i would love one of these cds.

Last edited by Havplenty; 08-03-2012 at 07:12 AM.