Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Here are pix of the MAGNIFICENT package I received from Stitchingpost. It was like clowns coming out of a Volkswagen! It took forever to unpack and each bit was more delightful than the last! As you can see ... the contents covered my cutting table. (And I apologize for the delay in posting pix, but hubby was hard at work cutting lace for me!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355127[/ATTACH]
She sent me THE most delightful sewing machine caddy ... and you don't know how much that was needed since just this morning I dumped a dozen spools of thread on poor Daisy Mae's head and nearly gave her heart failure. Isn't it cute?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355128[/ATTACH]
Then there was an issue of McCall's Quilting with some of the most adorable bag and quilt projects that I really want to try soon, treats for my babies of the canine sort, garden twists (which are going into use immediately), planter water gauges (ditto), white lace trim, a flip flop votive holder, colorful nail files, TWO quilt pattern CDs ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355129[/ATTACH]
A jar opener, a tape measure tissue holder (how cute!), extra tissues, votive candles, an adorable quilting ornament, English paper piecing project complete with needle, thread and fabric, a Rosary air freshener (in the 15 years I've been selling religious items I have NEVER seen one of these before!), four kinds of delightful fabric including one with rhinos!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355140[/ATTACH]
There's more!!! A fun and done Jazzy Jewels quilt pattern (I was eyeing this at a quilt show a while back), a hilarious Kentucky Night Life postcard, a Puff Quilting Clip Set (I've never even heard of this before, but it sure sounds like fun), a GAZILLION cute and fun project sheets ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355142[/ATTACH]
Index cards, a Philadelphia Cream Cheese cookbook, extra tissues, MORE project sheets ~ fun, fun, fun!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355143[/ATTACH]
A center to trim guide (you must have seen some of my squares and knew I needed this!) Grandpa's Sawmill pattern ... and ... MORE quilt project sheets!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355144[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355145[/ATTACH]

What an incredibly thoughtful and wonderful and delightful and fun filled package!
Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!
'

lol WOW is right. I cracked up at the clowns coming out of a volkswagon part. I bet you are hilarious in person. Hehehe. Beautiful package!!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM

Default Thank you Char in AZ!

I received a great package today from Char, full of oh-so-cool-stuff!
Omnigrid Easy fun patch template
EZ Quilter apple core charm template
Fons and Porter flying geese ruler (I love making FG)
Gorgeous tone-on-tone blender fabric in ivory/tan
yellow leaf blender/batik type, I've not seen this before
Awesome filligree in neutrals
Christmas Advent calendar panel--just lovely
Orphan blocks: stars, stripes, & trees--I love 'em all
Eleanor Burns' Star Log Cabin book (no, I did not have this one)

All really neat stuff, and I like everything. No duplicates that I already have, and the neutrals are so great. They seem to be hard to find around here. I've been thinking about that apple core pattern for a while now, so now no more excuses!

Char, thank you very, very much!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355338[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails char-stidd-aug-2012.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
Again some awesome packages ...I'm going to be sitting on my mailbox until mine comes...maybe I'll post a pic of that..LOL
To My Dear Sp
I waited at the mail box so long today ....I wilted & had to be carried in the house & worse then that my package still did not arrive!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:38 PM

Krystyna, majored in math did you? lol.. sorry but those numbers add up to my if you simply toss a couple more numbers in.. so its my packages that they are sending and from what I see here I think you guys are opening all my packages didnt you read that label first and I suggest you put that stuff back in those boxs and put them in the mail to their rightful owner. ME. Immediately. Especially the candies, get your hands off that. You don't want to gain any weight, let me do it for you. I can take a few pounds for the team. See how good I am?

lucky ducks all of you. I didnt realize what a HUGE event this is.. yipes my partner will be woefully disappointed but sending overseas (another clue there kiddos) I didnt think to put 100 plus items in the box. I will do better next round.
ps I tried the stake out the post office, and even talking to the inside of my box.. hello.. helloooo in there.. all I get is a hello back from the postmaster. Darned it.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Krystina, if my maths is as bad as yours you may be correct on the otherhand I studied maths at university so I think I can manage to add to 25!

Linda, it is always difficult when sending overseas cos the postage is so much, the postlady always looks at me when she tells me how much the package will cost to send and the contents are only worth £7 ($10). I try not to spend any more than £7 which is the spirit of the swap but never include in that anything I make, or second hand books mags etc or if I take something out of my (small by most standards but I really hate to part with any of it!) stash so my packages don't compare to some that are sent but I hope no one has ever felt short changed.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:19 PM

I received a very nice thank you note from kathym, who was my secret pal. Glad she loved everything included. I am still waiting for the postman to deliver mine!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
lol WOW is right. I cracked up at the clowns coming out of a volkswagon part. I bet you are hilarious in person. Hehehe. Beautiful package!!
LOL! As the saying goes, "She's much more interesting online than in person ..."
Old 08-13-2012, 03:20 PM

Default August SP Swap

Good evening all! I received my SP package today from stampqn, Jan! She sent me beautiful pink fabrics, a travel sewing kit with thread and pins and a small notebook which I started using! All of you have received such wonderful packages and for those who are waiting, its coming!
Attached Thumbnails august-sp-swap-082.jpg   august-sp-swap-083.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Swap Hosts

What a nice package.Love the needle book!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
So shameless plug.. Remember back for the June swap, I got a lovely layer cake of pinks? and I made a big heart block? Ok well.. I turned it into a baby quilt and i got the top finished tonight. This pic doesn't do it justice and well I had one math booboo but I am really in love with it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355238[/ATTACH]

Sew, sew pretty... I love the border fabric, too. You did a great job. It's hard to believe how much math you need to make a quilt, huh??? I do math all day for work, but when it comes to quilting, I seem to get a case of brain fade. lol. And I would never have known you made a math error if you hadn't told us!!!

Last edited by SharonAnne; 08-13-2012 at 05:12 PM.