Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

• August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM

TOOMANY, if Im your SS feel free to overnight (I'll even pay for the shipping) and send me ALLLLLLLLLLL the lobsters you can fit in the box. I LOVE THEM the fresher the better too!!!! BTW: no other goodies are necessary just SEND THE LOBSTERS!!!!
    Old 08-03-2012, 06:31 PM

Dear SP, here are some clues. You live 2881.7 miles from me or 1 day, 16 hours, and 27 minutes from me. It is illegal to use canned corn for fish bait in your state and in a certain city in your state it is also illegal to box with a kangaroo. To bad thats illegal because its my favorite pasttime. LOL

So, let me just say that you gave me a wonderful list to go by. I have about half of your box full. I am waiting on an order to get here, they say it should be here on the 8th. Sorry youll have to wait that long. I still need to make at least one thing for you and hoping you like homemade jellies. Whipping some up tomorrow along with some other stuff. Hoping it turns out. Well thats it for now. More clues later.
    Old 08-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Too Many - Happy Birthday and many more

Lori, my MIL has that and she too manages hers with sleep and a well balanced diet. She takes a medication at night to help with the pain in her legs so she can sleep and is doing very well. Hang in there, it'll get better.

To all the others on here who I forgot to write your names down so I could type them on here. My prayers are with you and your families. May all of you that need healing get it, need a hug receive one, or a shoulder to cry mine is available. Just PM me and you can rant all you want.

To everyone else just have fun and dont let the little things get to ya.
    Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Am not sure if my extensive search for a pattern, or if my gleeful squaring up of HST blocks did it, but I think I broke my finger.. ohwell.. I'm gonna blame it on my sp. And I think I need lobsters too. They could give the cats some entertainment while I get the big pot ready to stuff them in. Right now they're chasing a cricket. LEAVE MY CRICKET ALONE! I need the luck. I feel really bad that I can't send my usual box o' plenty to my sp this month. If it were a different month where I had a job I would do it.
    Old 08-03-2012, 08:35 PM

Anastasia, its ok. I think your sp will understand. And the cats are only chasing that darned cricket so they can bring you a gift! when your trying to sleep and need it the most, on your face, maybe near your eye! See they do care! Lucky lucky you.
    Old 08-03-2012, 08:54 PM

WOW WILL MY BOX BE FULL at the post office! I didn't know I had so many secret pal partners! I send one box and apparently all of you are sending to ME! yippeee! lobsters, jam, fabric, candy and candles.. I have no words to explain my gratitude.
    My sis has Fibro and uses lyrica when things are real bad. I would worry about that Cymbalta. That commericial has this lovely woman and man walking along the cliffs and she is the one taking it, he is closest to the edge.. on comes the side affects might include: suicidal thoughts and .. I think.. not walking with HER til she figures out if she is staying or going .. lol. I take 16 different ones a day for life now and get the old side affect syndrom. I wish you all the best in finding an even keel Lori.
    Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 PM

Anastasia, child sizes 1/2 for 1/2 year old, 1 for one year old-it isn't real you maybe the theory was this is what most kids this age could wear but like -was it you Hav?- said you have to kind of fit the size to the kid as they don't necessarily wear the size of their age. When the size you have is too tight, go to a bigger one.Some now have a weight guideline too. This is why a seasoned parent gets things too big and lets them grow into it.

whoever asked about "forums" that is where you are-this board is a forum, if you look at the top of this page you will see "forums" then "Member Swaps... click on the forum and it takes you to the home page with the list of topics.

Hav I love R. Carlos Nakai I have a tape of his but my cassette player doesn't work anymore. hmm I am putting him on my list next month for the cds

Love the candles

Speaking of candles K where is the candle camp sign up? I didn't see the link. speaking of candle camp on the beach-weekend at the beach sounds lovely marytoddliz. Another sound I love is the waves.

And speaking of K, yes Sharon Anne some months K is of the delusion that every package is for her, or at least she is suppose to inspect them to make sure they are safe for other recipients. Krystyna keep repeating Serenity, and continue on with the word free association-it will get better, or you will feel better or you will get a new idea of what to do to someone, but you will feel better.

Mamahauser I think you sp is north of me next door. And the hint that included a new toy was not me either.

Lori hope the medicine works and that this swap isn't aggravating it by being too stressful. Ok everyone what are you best tips for destressing and relaxation for Lori? Maybe you should go to the beach with Marytoddliz.
    Old 08-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by starshine
    Anastasia, child sizes 1/2 for 1/2 year old, 1 for one year old-it isn't real you maybe the theory was this is what most kids this age could wear but like -was it you Hav?- said you have to kind of fit the size to the kid as they don't necessarily wear the size of their age. When the size you have is too tight, go to a bigger one.Some now have a weight guideline too. This is why a seasoned parent gets things too big and lets them grow into it. .
    Yep, figured that out. Not trying to buy clothes, just patterns, and the adorable patterns i was looking at, went up to size 4 and I think they would end up being too small so I just needed to know that I have to go to the next size set.

"Anastasia, its ok. I think your sp will understand. And the cats are only chasing that darned cricket so they can bring you a gift! when your trying to sleep and need it the most, on your face, maybe near your eye! See they do care! Lucky lucky you."

Elisabrat... exactly.. what... they.. do... they've learned what the squirt bottle is now because they think running kitty indy 500 across my face at 5am is the best time (is there a best time?) . .. unfortunately the fat one likes water so I squirt him and he just stops and goes ooo hey.. gimme.. but the little one.. well that's entertaining. She launches herself about 3 ft into the air and takes off and when she tries to come back, she creeps slowly around the corner. But at least she knocks it the heck off. She's also learning that she can't help me use the rotary cutter, since I sliced off a tip of my finger. Now she supervises from the couch.

Just completed my first flying geese today. I'm making a baby quilt. Remember ohh june? I got a layer cake of pink fabrics from my swap partnerand I made a big heart? Yea that. I'm using the remaining layer cake (though I had to go get a FQ to have an even number of repeating fabrics) and turned them into a flying geese border. I like them. I read somewhere else on the forum about using elmer's washable glue to keep your seams matching up. It's a slow meticulous process but I'm OCD enough to do it and it makes me smile cause my geese are as close to perfect as perfect exists in humans.
    Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 PM

I just realized I didn't put any identifying information about who I am in the box to my SP. So, dear SP, please look at the sender's address - you'll recognize my last name and hopefully realize it came from me!
    Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 PM

....... and they're off! I say 'they' because I asked Lori for three swaps this month - I special ordered some local treats and they won't keep too long (particularly if my husband sees them).

No1 is a patriotic cat-lover who doesn't like sweets and is a newish quilter.

No 2 is a little single-minded (Did I say obsessed? Did I?) when it comes to one thing she wants a lot of. One big furbaby. Doesn't like sweets either.

(Looks like three again next month to get rid of the flimmin' stuff!)

No 3 does like candy although you can't get the kind she likes here - no Walmart.... I've got her something she collects. She has a big family.

Should be with you in 8 or 9 days.