Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010 >

Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010

Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010

Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM

Here you go - twelve batik blocks ready to be shipped out. This Four Winds pattern was a fun block to do. It's all half square triangles - very doable.

Now to finish my houses for the funky neighborhood.

By the way, the batiks are on my new design wall. Since installing it, I've insisted my family start calling my sewing room a quilt studio. Only another quilter would understand.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61440.jpe  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Dagny, your blocks are amazing! You did such a great job with the colors. I'm still trying to figure out how to combine my colors. The people at the lqs helped me pick them out. I tried two different blocks, and am still not sure what to do. I will post a picture of what I have done, and could you please help me with color placement, or yes or no on the blocks I have done? I get stuck and can't seem to move forward.

I'm sorry for such large pics. I try every time to resize but it doesn't seem to be working.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61196[/ATTACH]

it is difficult to tell, but the white is a very subtle batik pattern too
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61441[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61196.jpe   attachment-61367.jpe   attachment-61441.jpe  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dagny
Here you go - twelve batik blocks ready to be shipped out. This Four Winds pattern was a fun block to do. It's all half square triangles - very doable.

By the way, the batiks are on my new design wall. Since installing it, I've insisted my family start calling my sewing room a quilt studio. Only another quilter would understand.
Beautiful Blocks!!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM

Dagny, your blocks are beautiful. And Brenda so are yours. I like the scrappy look of them. I'll take any of them.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Thanks, Judy. My DH thinks I should go with the one with mostly white. While it does show the fan (don't know what to call it) better, I really like the more colorful one better. I want to do whatever everyone else would rather receive. Maybe I will need to do 2 sets - 1 set of each. Someone, please tell me what to do. I'm torn and can't seem to make a decision. :-(
Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Thanks, Judy. My DH thinks I should go with the one with mostly white. While it does show the fan (don't know what to call it) better, I really like the more colorful one better. I want to do whatever everyone else would rather receive. Maybe I will need to do 2 sets - 1 set of each. Someone, please tell me what to do. I'm torn and can't seem to make a decision. :-(
Like you, I think I like the more colorful one better (more fabrics - that can't be a bad thing), but I do also like the simplicity of your first one. You might be doubting yourself too much.

One of the nice things about batiks is that they look beautiful in almost any configuration. You can go with high or low contrast and they're still lovely. You can also combine colors that you usually wouldn't put together.

This swap is going to result in fantastic quilts!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Thanks, Dagny. I agree. These are going to be beautiful quilts. There are so many beautiful colors. I'm leaning toward the more colorful block too. Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. Now, that I can get back to work on the blocks, maybe I will have time to make two sets. :-) I don't want to disappoint anyone. :-)
Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM

Oh my!!! Those are stunning!!
Way to go.

Originally Posted by Dagny

Old 05-11-2010, 12:34 PM

Both of them are beautiful! I find myself leaning towards the more colorful one too, but would be thrilled to receive either.

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Thanks, Dagny. I agree. These are going to be beautiful quilts. There are so many beautiful colors. I'm leaning toward the more colorful block too. Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. Now, that I can get back to work on the blocks, maybe I will have time to make two sets. :-) I don't want to disappoint anyone. :-)
Old 05-11-2010, 12:35 PM

BTW, congrats on your new design boards. They are wonderful. :-)