Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I completely agree Missy should be in this month. Missy wouldn't you love to receive all green goodies.
ditto
Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Just checking in (lurking). I have a "no soda" headache. But I am sticking with it. Just hit 25 hours. I think the headache would go away if I drank some coffee. But I'm quitting that for decaf and I don't have any yet. Grocery shopping tomorrow. Might as well just go cold turkey on everything.

When I told hubby what I was doing, he joined in. So now we have a no soda in the house rule. He lost about 60 pounds but has an extra 10 that he just can't get rid of. He's counting on the quitting soda to help with that.The girls are fine with it, as long as they get to choose their crystal light flavors.

And baby boy says he will hide his soda in the Jeep and only bring in what he is going to drink and will drink it in a plastic mug to hide it from us. So he's trying to do his part. He told his best friend he's helping his mom with detox, gotta get her off the drugs. He is soooo my child.

Anyway, hope everybody has a good low calorie day...

D
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM

hmmmm interesting Truepeach..... however.. I can not drink lo fat milk... it's an allergy thing... I have to have the fat in the milk to digest it.. ( other wise,,,, it comes outfaster than it goes in ... )

My heating pad is newer.. and it turns off after 20 min... so that wont work for me.... I might have to look into the yogurt maker.....

thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluteddi
hmmmm interesting Truepeach..... however.. I can not drink lo fat milk... it's an allergy thing... I have to have the fat in the milk to digest it.. ( other wise,,,, it comes outfaster than it goes in ... )

My heating pad is newer.. and it turns off after 20 min... so that wont work for me.... I might have to look into the yogurt maker.....

thanks
does it have to be whole milk or as long as it has some fat in it? Whole milk is 150 calories for 8 oz. 2 % 130 calories, 1% 120 and no fat depending on the company around 90 calories. so could you use a low fat milk?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Leann

I add a half scoop of protein powder to my morning oatmeal. It gives me 13 grams.
You could use powdered milk for the extra protein you don't need protein powder. When my DD needed to GAIN weight I was adding 2 servings of drid milk to regular milk in her shakes. Remember protein powder is not free of calories.

I bet if you look at the ingredents it says it is protein from whey. Could you do me a favor and check the lable, I am curious how many calories are in the protein powder per serving? thanks

Depending on the calories it might be just as well to not have the powder and add some other protein source like milk, cheese, yogurt, nuts there are so many. You could even swirl a TBSP of peanut butter in oatmeal.
Tru,

Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein
1 scoop (32g)
Calories - 140
Protein - 26 grams
Carbs - 3 grams
Fat - 2 grams

Does this help?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

I know we all LOVE Missy and she is NOT going anywhere she will be here with us........ HOWEVER a few months ago when Gwyn was under doctors care with her weight loss she was losing a lb per day, she was un able to win. Missy is having 500 calories per day we can not compete with her. She has to lose 30 lbs in 30 the same as Gwyn was losing. The rules are the rules and the rules are for EVERYONE! This is for people who are trying to lose weight with exercising and healthy eating which is 1200 calories per day or more depending on your weight.

BBBBUUUUTTTTTTTSSSSSSS.............if Missy loses the 30lb she has to so she could have her surgery sure as sh*t I am sending her a FQ. And maybe it would be nice if all her friends who have been with her on her journey the past year would do the same.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned

Carrie thank you once again for posting the players
Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM

[quote=trupeach1]
Originally Posted by bluteddi

Aslo If you use whole milk as oppose to no fat the whole milk make thicker yogurt too however it also has more calories...............and added bonus.........coat your face with plain yogurt and let it set for 20 minutes then rince off. Then take a few drops of olive oil in the palm of your hand and add warm water. Rub the oil/water into your skin and let air dry. Within about a week you will notice a BIG difference. I have vey few wrinkles for my age. There is a pic of me somewhere on the forum you can see for yourself. Yogurt is a lactic acid which is a alpha hydroxy acid which is what they use in facial peels. It deminishes wrinkles.
AND YOU ARE JUST NOW TELLING US THIS? lol

(Just what I need - ANOTHER project! Can I use full fat store yogurt?)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Just checking in (lurking). I have a "no soda" headache. But I am sticking with it. Just hit 25 hours. I think the headache would go away if I drank some coffee. But I'm quitting that for decaf and I don't have any yet. Grocery shopping tomorrow. Might as well just go cold turkey on everything.

When I told hubby what I was doing, he joined in. So now we have a no soda in the house rule. He lost about 60 pounds but has an extra 10 that he just can't get rid of. He's counting on the quitting soda to help with that.The girls are fine with it, as long as they get to choose their crystal light flavors.

And baby boy says he will hide his soda in the Jeep and only bring in what he is going to drink and will drink it in a plastic mug to hide it from us. So he's trying to do his part. He told his best friend he's helping his mom with detox, gotta get her off the drugs. He is soooo my child.

Anyway, hope everybody has a good low calorie day...

D
Donna, what a supportive family you have! I think you are right, caffeine withdrawals are murder.

Great going with no soda! I am the only one in my home that drinks it. My 17yr old son doesn't touch it anymore.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Tru Peach I'm so looking forward to this challenge, just wanted to tell you our Anniversary is March 28 and will be 52 years!
So this is definitely a challenge for me and Dr. says I must lose some lbs! My BP had jumped up.