Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Very nice quilt you are making it is very beautiful. Who ever that guy was should have just kept his mouth shut. He seems to not really know what goes into a quilt these days. We live in the modern world of fabric not back when we use to have to use old clothing.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:22 AM

HUGS HUGS coming your way and your quilt is beautiful. :)
Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 AM

I probably would have been speechless if someone said that to me. He was extremely rude.

If I had the nerve I would have been tempted to tell him, that "You are entitled to your opinion, and when I want to hear it, I will ask you for it.

Do people not have filters anymore???

Your quilt is stunning♥
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM

He was in the doctor's office for a reason...it sounds like he was having a bad day and you were the target he vented on...dont take it personally as he sounds like he has his hands full with all his own problems...that is not to say I approve of his behaviour but maybe we need to give him the benefit of the doubt...
Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM

Many people are at their nastiest when they visit a doctor. Believe I have had them say unbelievable things to me over the thirty years. Just ignor him.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
Several days ago I was waiting for my husband in a doctor's office, hand binding a quilt I had quilted on my quilting machine. This older man came in, sat down across the waiting room from me and kept watching what I was doing. After several minutes of looking at my quilt, he asked how long it had taken me to quilt it. This was a large full size which I had quilted double feathered wreaths on, so it took about 15 hours of quilting time. He grunted and made a comment about he bet the fabric was even new. Then he went into a loud and lenghty speach about how women these days don't know how to make a quilt. How they (quilts) should be made from scraps of clothing. Should never be made from new material. Should all be done by hand, etc. on and on. I really felt small. I finally folded my quilt and went to my car to wait on my husband.
OMG that is fabulous. Didn't you want to tell him to kiss your behind. Oh rude. People like that you would like to tell to mind their own business & they won't be minding yours. You do beautiful work, I should be so lucky. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 AM

I would have politely told him to make his quilt his way and you would make your quilt your way. Really rude of him and I really would have lost it I think.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Mr. McGrumpus was probably having a bad day, or is generally negative. Your quilt is wonderful and you should be proud of it. I wonder how many quilts he has made???
Old 02-28-2011, 11:44 AM

it's an absolutely beautiful quilt. And obviously he is a very unhappy man. I bet if you had been reading a good mystery he qould have commented on how reading anything but non-fiction is wasting time or evil. Hugs to you!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:46 AM

Did you ask this "gentleman" that seeing he was such an expert on the subject, just how many quilts he's actually done!..... I love people who are extremely verbose on a subject that they really know little about.