Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 02-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

Way to go beckyw..

I started going through the leftover triangles I've accumulated, mostly as "gifts"...some are sewn together..others not...I've been trimming the sewn ones...most to 1 3/4"....plenty of seeds for small and mini quilts
Old 02-19-2016, 02:10 PM

my scraps are growing but I think that's ok. at least they have a bag and a place to hang out.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:37 PM

I have been strolling thru this thread. Wow, some wonderful improvements and ideas on organizing. That is one of my New Year Resolutions, better organized by end of year, I do not have any photos, but I did get five drawers in bathroom organized, one shelf of spices done, and husband's office is now organized and moved. I will try and post photos of what I do with my embroidery threads for you. They are on a shelf, stacked mind you, but so hard to see. Going to use the spice shelves and put them in the top of the cabinet so I can see all the pretty colors. I also purchased a three drawer bin from Joann's (thank goodness for coupons) and put my scissors in one, rotary cutters in another, and then those odd ball tools in the third. Works because I know where to find things finally. Spend so much time looking for where I set them. I also purchased one of the large 10 stacking bins, color coded, for all my longarm rulers and tools. It is on wheels and I have it by the machine and can go whenever needed and find a ruler. I am going to label the outside of the bins so I know which is where.
Tally hole ladies.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:29 PM

Okay first to gather all the tote bags in my sewing studio, and empty them. Many of them have projects from classes, and retreats. I have accumulated so many. I think I have over 50, gosh I hope not. Ones I have made, bought, been given, and earned. I hope I do not purchase a tote bag at the AQS show in Daytona next week, or should I, first AQS show in our state. I will try to empty a tote bag in 15 minutes, bet I find all my treasures!
Old 02-20-2016, 03:25 AM

In my sewing room.....Purged a 2 drawer file cabinet of old files and gave it to my DH for his basement man cave. Moved 6 stackable plastic drawers to the same corner and labeled each drawer "Projects"....as in UFO! Filled!

DH spent Christmas saturday painting the eat-in farmhouse kitchen a nice creamy white. ( he painted over a dark amaretto color..woot!). Kitchen looks expansive now. Bought a beach scene ( husbands' idea!) print at Hobby Lobby that the sales associate professionally transferred the large print to a pre-made frame and finished off the back and added the hanging wire! Beautiful! Makes the back look custom framed. We love the print! Yep, we live in a midwestern cornfield...the print makes us happy! It hangs on the wall next to our kitchen table. I still need to make a beachy color valance for the window over the sink. No roosters here! Lol!

New Years saturday he continued painting the adjoining living room and front foyer the same white. I Love how clean and bright the first floor looks. He got rid of his coat laden coat rack and purchased a nice 2 door cabinet to hang his coats and store his caps. He purged and tidied up his foyer desk. NICE!! Foyer is So tidy now! Original farmhouses are short on CLOSETS! Grrrrr. Replaced a few throw rugs. Done!

Continuing in the sewing room is next. Always a work in project!

sandy
Old 02-20-2016, 03:30 AM

Notwendy i LOVE that green screen! I have always wanted a floor screen! Great space!
Sandy
Old 02-23-2016, 08:35 AM

Well I finally talked myself into moving the desk into my new studio area, the family room. It was dusty but a little cleaning and it looks great. Attached the design wall up and it is secure. Those Command Strips are cool and sturdy. Then I proceeded to move the rack from upstairs, that was a chore to clean all the photo albums and stuff off it, cleaned the closet out, yep purged some more stuff. Found quilts I made that I did not realize they were there. Making sure the daughter picks hers up and takes them to her house. Found some clothes I did not know were in the closet. Cleaned up all the Christmas wrap and put it in storage. After all that was done, went into the garage and threw more junk in garbage, purges a few more things that did not use, organized my quilting pattern books, and stacked the scrap bins on the rack that I just moved in there. Put my batting in the corner nice and neat now. There is no longer any junk in the middle of the floor in the garage and my quilting space is so clear of clutter. Next may be purging out the craft things that I do not use and clean off my counters. Need to figure out a way to store my threads better or quit buying them. Like that is going to happen.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Well I finally talked myself into moving the desk into my new studio area, the family room. It was dusty but a little cleaning and it looks great. Attached the design wall up and it is secure. Those Command Strips are cool and sturdy. Then I proceeded to move the rack from upstairs, that was a chore to clean all the photo albums and stuff off it, cleaned the closet out, yep purged some more stuff. Found quilts I made that I did not realize they were there. Making sure the daughter picks hers up and takes them to her house. Found some clothes I did not know were in the closet. Cleaned up all the Christmas wrap and put it in storage. After all that was done, went into the garage and threw more junk in garbage, purges a few more things that did not use, organized my quilting pattern books, and stacked the scrap bins on the rack that I just moved in there. Put my batting in the corner nice and neat now. There is no longer any junk in the middle of the floor in the garage and my quilting space is so clear of clutter. Next may be purging out the craft things that I do not use and clean off my counters. Need to figure out a way to store my threads better or quit buying them. Like that is going to happen.

Wow! I'm impressed! How long did all of that work take you?
Old 02-23-2016, 02:37 PM

I did it last night. About four hours by myself. Yes, I am surprised as well. A bit sore also. I have been trying to find a corner desk unit for my husband's new office for his desk. Also looking for a cabinet that measures 32" long and minimum of 12" wide for a hutch that needs a home. the antique desk would work, but not quite wide enough then so wouldn't be able to do home paperwork. It is a process.
Oh, yesterday morning I cleaned out from under my bathroom sink. I bought one of those under sink organizer shelf units. Good thing I did because my ptrap was leaking. There was not that much water damage so could not have been real long time. But is all cleaned and I threw away stuff that I just don't use and bags I got from Mary Kay. Whew, that is two major things done this week. Now for some fun sewing.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Makes me tired just to read what you've gotten accomplished, QMomma....WTG....