Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 08-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Y'all I just tried to post the amended tutorial, but I don't think it will be feasible. I have to cut and paste not only every sentence and reformat it into the post, but stop and re-insert the photos. I can't just cut and paste everything. Well, I could, but it would be all text and no photos, or not in order. A better solution might be to have people PM me and give me their email address and let me send them an attachment that way. Sorry.
That is the reason I didn't do it early on.
barb
Old 08-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned

Just a note of warning to y'all who are doing one of these. Barb let her strip sets lie on the floor, but with the new dog, I don't dare do that. So I've let my strips puddle behind the sewing machine. Where, of course they make the most comfortable cat bed! LOL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106633.jpe   attachment-106634.jpe  
Old 08-29-2010, 04:35 AM

Just a note of warning to y'all who are doing one of these. Barb let her strip sets lie on the floor, but with the new dog, I don't dare do that. So I've let my strips puddle behind the sewing machine. Where, of course they make the most comfortable cat bed! LOL
gaigai, I never thought about the pets wanting a bed when I posted letting the strip fall to the floor. :-)
Have you posted a picture of that quilt?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:30 AM

[quote=gaigai][quote=dsb38327][quote=Barb_MO]
Originally Posted by dsb38327

Y'all I just tried to post the amended tutorial, but I don't think it will be feasible. I have to cut and paste not only every sentence and reformat it into the post, but stop and re-insert the photos. I can't just cut and paste everything. Well, I could, but it would be all text and no photos, or not in order. A better solution might be to have people PM me and give me their email address and let me send them an attachment that way. Sorry.
GaiGai,
Could you post it as a .pdf file so that we could download? My kitties think that they have to personally inspect every piece of fabric that I want to use....
Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

[quote=Darcene][quote=gaigai][quote=dsb38327]
Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Originally Posted by dsb38327
GaiGai,
Could you post it as a .pdf file so that we could download? My kitties think that they have to personally inspect every piece of fabric that I want to use....

Hmmm, let me see if I can attach it as a PDF. I'll try. Here goes.

Amended Bargello Tute
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106860[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-106855.pdf (748.4 KB, 250 views)
Old 08-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Banned

Hey, it worked!! Thanks Darcene, and of course, Barb!!

OK, Barb, here is the first row. I just chose stuff from my stash, since this was going to be my first effort. I initially called it "Bouillabaisse", since it had shrimp/corn/okra/roux colors. But once I got it together I changed my mind about the name. A friend and I have been talking about doing an autumn leaves quilt for years. So this one is now called Shenendoah Autumn, and I'm going to applique maple leaves in various colors on it. This is the first time I've used these colors, I'm really not a red/orange gal (in decorating anyhow). The next one will be blues and greens like the one in the tute photos. And now I can plainly see that fabric #4 should have been #1. I'm learning. Slowly, but little by little! LOL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106856.jpe  
Old 08-29-2010, 09:55 AM

I'm learning. Slowly, but little by little! LOL

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....this is just so wonderful......
Old 08-29-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene
I'm learning. Slowly, but little by little! LOL

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....this is just so wonderful......
Gaigai, thank you so very much. Darcene, many thanks for the pdf idea. Barb, thank you again for all the time you put into this for us. I won't be starting mine for awhile but I will let you know when I do. Many regards, Dorothy
Old 08-29-2010, 02:53 PM

Barb,
Not sure if you are online tonight. I cut my strips and started gathering my sets, ie, 1-11, etc. I ended up with 11 sets, but in your pic, you have 12. You have 2 of the first set, 3 of the second set, 2 of the next 2 sets, and 1 of three sets. This is 12 sets. I'm confused already (again). I only have 11 sets.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ganny
Barb,
Not sure if you are online tonight. I cut my strips and started gathering my sets, ie, 1-11, etc. I ended up with 11 sets, but in your pic, you have 12. You have 2 of the first set, 3 of the second set, 2 of the next 2 sets, and 1 of three sets. This is 12 sets. I'm confused already (again). I only have 11 sets.
Ganny, you will end up with 12 sets, because you use parts of other sets to make #6 (strips 6-5). I cut one of the #11 strips in half, and used that for #6. You only need 16 inches for this one, so it works out well. On the other hand, I needed to piece some extra from left-overs to give me enough for #8.