Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • bargello tute >
  • bargello tute

• bargello tute

Old 08-29-2010, 06:25 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by ganny
    It is very difficult! Too much talk. Where are your instructions?
    I posted it one page back. It is a pdf download. You download it and then open it with Adobe Reader (which is a free program if you don't have it).
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    It is very difficult! Too much talk. Where are your instructions?
    I posted it one page back. It is a pdf download. You download it and then open it with Adobe Reader (which is a free program if you don't have it).
    Okay. I have it, but I am still confused. First, am I supposed to cut my strips the same length since my fabrics are different widths? And then I got really lost when Barb says (sewing first chain together) how to do fabric 11 (on the first chain). Didn't get very far did I?
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:42 PM
    Banned

Okay. I have it, but I am still confused. First, am I supposed to cut my strips the same length since my fabrics are different widths? And then I got really lost when Barb says (sewing first chain together) how to do fabric 11 (on the first chain). Didn't get very far did I?
    Ganny, all of your strips (11 strips of each fabric) are cut the same width, 2.5 inches. Then you lay them out and pick them back up in the specific orders to make your stratas, or layers. Sew the strips together in the order they are picked up. After they are all sewn together, each of the strata's are then cross-cut into different widths for each set.
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:49 PM

Ganny, all of your strips (11 strips of each fabric) are cut the same width, 2.5 inches. Then you lay them out and pick them back up in the specific orders to make your stratas, or layers. Sew the strips together in the order they are picked up. After they are all sewn together, each of the strata's are then cross-cut into different widths for each set.
    I have them cut the same width - I'm asking if they are the same LENGTH as mine are not. I'm quiting. I have never done any kind of a strip quilt before and this is not making sense to me. Chain, orphan strip, across my lap? Chain I thought I could at least figure, but not when I get to fabric #11. I'm frustrated and I'm going to forget the Bargello. I can't keep bothering someone because I'm so dense about this. Thanks for trying. :cry:
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 PM

I have them cut the same width - I'm asking if they are the same LENGTH as mine are not. I'm quiting. I have never done any kind of a strip quilt before and this is not making sense to me. Chain, orphan strip, across my lap? Chain I thought I could at least figure, but not when I get to fabric #11. I'm frustrated and I'm going to forget the Bargello. I can't keep bothering someone because I'm so dense about this. Thanks for trying. :cry:
    Looks like to me they are being sewn together end to end but then that doesn't look right either. Maybe they are sewn length ways. Can't really tell the further I go. I can't believe that I am having this kind of confusion!!
    Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
    Banned

Put it down for tonight, 'cause when you are that frustrated, it only gets worse. You are doing fine. Print out the file that you downloaded and read it and look at the pictures. I have to work days tomorrow, so I need to go to bed soon, but tomorrow I can help you more if Barb isn't around. It isn't that hard once you figure it out, but go ahead and read the file. I had to go over and over it several times.

Your strips will not all be the same length, because not all fabrics are the exact same size. So one may be an inch or more shorter than another.

But relax for now.
    Old 08-29-2010, 08:07 PM

Put it down for tonight, 'cause when you are that frustrated, it only gets worse. You are doing fine. Print out the file that you downloaded and read it and look at the pictures. I have to work days tomorrow, so I need to go to bed soon, but tomorrow I can help you more if Barb isn't around. It isn't that hard once you figure it out, but go ahead and read the file. I had to go over and over it several times.

Your strips will not all be the same length, because not all fabrics are the exact same size. So one may be an inch or more shorter than another.

But relax for now.
    I have already shut down. Thanks for your help. :)
    Old 08-29-2010, 08:09 PM

But relax for now.
    I have already shut down. Thanks for your help. :)
    Goodnight.
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:24 PM

WoW!! Just finished reading from page 1-20 and I think I would be scared to death to try making this quilt. I give you all kudos for doing it, and love the combinations you have come up with, but I got so lost after the first couple of pages that I think it is way over my head. I don't know if I have enough years left to make one of these. LOL
    But I will enjoy looking at all the completed ones and drool over each and every one!!!!
    Barb,,,,you have endless patience,,,you seem to be one of a kind....keep up the good work!!!
    Old 08-30-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
    WoW!! Just finished reading from page 1-20 and I think I would be scared to death to try making this quilt. I give you all kudos for doing it, and love the combinations you have come up with, but I got so lost after the first couple of pages that I think it is way over my head. I don't know if I have enough years left to make one of these. LOL
    But I will enjoy looking at all the completed ones and drool over each and every one!!!!
    Barb,,,,you have endless patience,,,you seem to be one of a kind....keep up the good work!!!
    I may not have enought time left either. Finally got straightened out enough to at least get started. Wonder how far along I will get? Hmmm. That is the beauty about this site. The people here are so caring, they won't let you go down without a fight. I had a lot of help and suggestions. Even tho I was getting frustrated and wanted to quit, they encouraged me on. :thumbup: