Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM

Orrrr....hand sewing!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trisha
Orrrr....hand sewing!!!!
Riiiiiiiigght! I think I'll just go poke a stick in my eye too! :shock: :roll:
Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM

Did some hand sewing on my butterfly quilt today and tonight and am using my homemade rubber finger tips from Staples rubber finger tips. They work great and save my fingers. Maybe I can get this quilt finished by next week.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Put it down for tonight, 'cause when you are that frustrated, it only gets worse. You are doing fine. Print out the file that you downloaded and read it and look at the pictures. I have to work days tomorrow, so I need to go to bed soon, but tomorrow I can help you more if Barb isn't around. It isn't that hard once you figure it out, but go ahead and read the file. I had to go over and over it several times.

Your strips will not all be the same length, because not all fabrics are the exact same size. So one may be an inch or more shorter than another.

But relax for now.
Gaigai, thanks for helping out while I was gone. Ganny, Trisha and the others who are thinking of making the bargello, I have been away taking radiation for my breast cancer. I need about a week or so and I will be able to help on a more consistent basis. Please don't give up, once you get it...it will go easily.
I wish I could have told how to do this quilt in a very few steps, but thought since I had made at least 25 of these I had a system that allowed me to cut and sew these to completion in a very short time. None of the steps has to be done exactly the way I told you do them, that is just the way I do it to keep me from getting confused.

Anyway, if you need my help I will be here.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:17 PM

Bless your heart Barb_Mo
I've got all my strips cut and ready for sewing. My portable had a caniption (sp?) fit at the retreat 2 weeks ago and waiting for new parts at this time to start again.
You take care of yourself, it's not any easy time right now for you but rest assured we are all praying and thinking about you. I believe your instructions, when I get to work through them, will allow me to may my first full size bargello. You did a wonderful job laying things out for us all to follow.
take care and we'll be sending you pics when I get to a good stage to share.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Hey Barb, I'm sending positive thoughts and healing prayers your way. I have the first and almost the second rows of my bargello together, but now my machine is dead. It will probably be a month or more before I can afford a new one. (Of course, I want an upgrade! LOL). So I'm going to put everything away for a little while.

I do have to thank you for your tute, though. I've been wanting to do a bargello, but the Marge Edie book is (in my never to be humble opinion) really poorly written, plus I hate ripping enough that I had no interest in doing one via the tube method. Once I figured out to cut and paste your instructions into a single document, it made sense and I DID it! YAY!!

You take all the time you need to rest and heal. That right now should be your only job. Hugs and more hugs.

And if there is ever anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:43 PM

Barb, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you didn't intend to turn this post into one that would generally be in another section. I feel Admin and our Moderators will understand and will let us veer off topic for a spell. You shared with us and we want to give back. Please be well./Regards, Dorothy
Old 09-01-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Barb, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you didn't intend to turn this post into one that would generally be in another section. I feel Admin and our Moderators will understand and will let us veer off topic for a spell. You shared with us and we want to give back. Please be well./Regards, Dorothy
You are correct Dorothy, I didn't intend to turn this thread away from it's intended used.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
I have the first and almost the second rows of my bargello together, but now my machine is dead. It will probably be a month or more before I can afford a new one. (Of course, I want an upgrade! LOL). So I'm going to put everything away for a little while.

I do have to thank you for your tute, though. I've been wanting to do a bargello, but the Marge Edie book is (in my never to be humble opinion) really poorly written, plus I hate ripping enough that I had no interest in doing one via the tube method. Once I figured out to cut and paste your instructions into a single document, it made sense and I DID it! YAY!!
I saw your first section sewn together. I think it will look very pretty.
As for the thought of using the # 4 fabric as #1, it might look better that way, but I don't think that will hurt it. When you get two sections done you can try the layout as the diamonds & circles and then the repeat layout and see which one will look better.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:13 PM

Blessings to you Barb_Mo. Please take your rest time - very important to a body. I downloaded gaigai's edited copy of your instructions. Also got some valuable help from dsb. I am constructing my "panels" (thanks dsb) but ran out of thread. I decided to stop and finish the butterfly quilt I already had going. Will finish it first. So, as for me, you have plenty of time to rest.