Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >
  • WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

• WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 PM

I'm with you. I have finish a couple of wips and have also been on a fabric diet. My dd says I should start FA fabrics anonymous for those of us that shop too much!!
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Can I join late? Also do I have to go on a fabric diet to join? I can't do diets so i would be doomed to failure but I can do UFOs and it is on my to do list. It would be way more fun to do it with all of you then by myself.
    Annaquilts, sure you can join...it's never too late! The objective of this thread is to finish up our UFO"S, WIPS, PIGS, etc and NOT buy any new fabric for new projects until we complete the ones we have laying around. If we NEED fabric to complete projects, that's fine, purchase what is needed. Otherwise, our UFO/WIPS will never end.

Ultimately, there are no 'quilt police' and if you feel you need to purchase fabric for whatever reason, then that's your business, or you may just have a 'few' UFO's and have not amassed the collections that most of us have.

Welcome onboard and do the best you can, we'll be cheering you on!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by patski
    I'm with you. I have finish a couple of wips and have also been on a fabric diet. My dd says I should start FA fabrics anonymous for those of us that shop too much!!
    LOL, I think your DD is right. And one thing leads into another...buying too much fabric lends itself into justifying it by 'grouping it' into 'kits' by putting a pattern we love with it, then that turns into our 'pigs'.

After awhile, we then may start on it, but not finish because we've moved onto the new fabric we purchased, and the cycle begins again....

Before we know it, we've got wips, ufos, pigs and they keep growing.....

In order to stop the madness we have to stop buying the fabric, work on what we've already amassed and finish our projects.

I think our grandmothers & mothers all had more money in the bank than in fabric.

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 PM

I have posted pics of my last 3 WIP's.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102458-1.htm#2605394
    Hope you take a look.
    I'm now working on completing some baby quilts.
    Old 02-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by kateyb
    I have posted pics of my last 3 WIP's.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102458-1.htm#2605394
    Hope you take a look.
    I'm now working on completing some baby quilts.
    kateyb...you rock! Fabulous quilts!....just gorgeous! Maybe you can do a tute on your new designs on the split rails, I just love them! And 3 more done! How many have you scratched off of your list now? That's deserving of a gold star....and then back to knock out that list!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 PM

That makes 6 WIP's since January.
    Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM

kateyb I do believe you're in the lead with the most finished thus far! Whoo HOO! I better get cracking!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 02-24-2011, 05:08 AM

This month has gotten away from me...way too short! Tomorrow is the last Friday of the month and you know what that means, Par-Tay time! Yes another 'all night' quilting party is right around the corner, tomorrow in fact!
    Here's how it works......
    1. Join in when you can on Friday night, ie log onto the thread when you being, a short 'Hi, I'm here' or something of that nature, maybe let us all know what project you'll be working on...etc. I will log on after work, etc. maybe by 7pm....
    2. Wear your most comfortable clothing, for me....robe & soft slippers.
    3. Work on our UFO, Wips, etc all night- or as long as you can stay awake! LOL!
    4. Post a picture of what you were working on, if you'd like. Hopefully it will be close to completion...
    Doing an all night party gives us that extra boost we may need of a large block of uninterrupted time to get our projects done.
    See ya at the Par-Tay!
    Thanks michele!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:15 AM

March is right around the corner and it marks our 3rd month into this challenge. Several here have done outstandingly well with completing quite a few projects, many others are working on large projects and are making good headway! Hurray!!!

Once every 3 months we'll do an additional challenge, this might be a tough one for some, so some imput is appreciated by all.

Let's plan on 1 weekend in March for our 'quilting retreat' weekend. It's more like a quilting marathon, and like a true marathon...it's a race with a declared 'winner', the winner will get a prize in the mail from me...don't be expecting a big prize package I'm not wealthy....

If you can't do the whole weekend due to work or other pressing matters, you can still participate by doing blocks of time or 'all nighters' during the weekend. It will begin on a Friday night and go until Sunday night. By 10 pm Sunday night, post your pictures of what you've done over the weekend with some details as to what they are, ie. crib quilt, lap quilts...

Judging will be fair and impartial....if you're working on a King sized bed quilt, the progress you've made on that counts just as much as someone knocking out 4 crib quilts or more, all depending on how far along you are. So don't be discouraged from joining in if you've got a large project.

I'll judge the first 'quilting retreat' weekend, the winner of that one will judge the next 'quilting retreat' weekend, and so on and so forth.

Now let's all pick a weekend that will suit most of us. How about the weekend of the 12th & 13th? the 13th is daylight savings time...we'll even gain an hour, whoo hoo...

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Ok All here's an updated list of our members, so far there's 43 of us brave souls:
    MaryAnna
    S D G
    Sadiemae
    Cyn
    Irishrose
    Patty Patches
    Sonisew
    Patti Sue
    Chigger Holler Quilter
    leatheflea
    Connie_1936
    Kyiav10
    Scissor Queen
    manyana
    Miss Purple Shoes
    JulieM
    michelehuston
    CKcowl
    Tolelady53
    Sewwhat85
    jaciqltzok
    quiltinghere
    kima
    sueisallaboutquilts
    Shawnemily
    midwestqltr
    omak
    jme
    Pdlink
    LoveBug
    Kateyb
    montanajan
    zennia
    shawnan
    IndyQuilter
    Jennifer22206
    okiepastor
    bamamama
    mhansen6
    Jaimestitcher62
    bevysue57
    patski
    Annaquilts

How does the last day (or last Friday night) of every month sound for an 'all night PJ party?' Or you can pick a better night, just let me know. we'll quilt away the night in comfort!

Blessings to all,
    MaryAnna

Another Update!