The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 11-21-2018, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

So glad the QB is working again!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-21-2018, 07:50 AM

Sigh. I don't remember what I posted! Maybe it was me asking Jeanie if she got to that fabric shop in Arizona that sells fabric so cheap.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:48 PM

#1DSon brought his family for Thanksgiving. They were gonna go to DDIL's Dad's house but her Step Mother said that the boys aren't welcome there anymore. Their loss & our gain. I am heart broken for my DDIL though. They got here this eveninglast evening. I am so glad they are here.

Last edited by dublb; 11-21-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:22 AM

I had not realized it was not working; just that Dublb's post was blank! Hoped something wonderful had happened and I guess it did with Thanksgiving guests arriving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I worked all day yesterday in the kitchen, setting things up for today. Dh's brother is joining us, and dh requested "pie", pumpkin pie is his favorite. I looked last night, and he had 'sampled' all three: the pumpkin, apple and cherry. They all meet with his approval. Two side dishes ready to bake today: Green Beans with mushroom soup and French onions, Sweet Potatoes with apples, brown sugar and marshmallows. I cut up the toasted bread for dressing today, chopped up my celery and onions to add to the sage sausage and stuff in the turkey this morning...a small one this year. Breakfast time. Have a good day and great weekend. No shopping trips planned.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:06 PM

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. DDIL was so happy that we made 'em so welcome. Of course we would make 'em welcome. I don't have a clue why that woman wouldn't welcome her DGBabies. I think she is nuts!
I jumped on the bandwagon & am gonna do the Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I am gonna use most of Bonnie's colors. I am gonna change the orange to gold & change the background to black. My golds are gonna glow, I think. I also think the reds, blues, & greens will pop.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:57 AM

Hope everyone had a good turkey day! We stuffed ourselves and enjoyed every bit.

Weather men are predicted a blizzard of 8 to 12 inches of wet snow, making travel impossible most of the day tomorrow. So we are getting ready for it. We do not need to go to town until it lets up later in the week. That is the good news that we will be ready. Good quilting weather. Little kitchen work to do!
Old 11-24-2018, 07:06 AM

Yes Sue, it does sound like good quilting weather. Yucky to go out in. Stay in & sew.

#2DSon called last night. He is the one that is going to Moody Bible Collage in Chicago. He had a job w/the maintenance department at the collage. He gets 20 hours a week. A-lotta times he has a pager, so that he can go & fix something. Anyway last night he had the pager so he couldn't go to the Grocery store that he usually goes to as it is to far away from the collage. So he called me while he was wandering around in a strange store. He passed a sale of spices & the featured spice was Sage. Anyway he said that he had never had any Sage. I started laughing & told him it was what in dressing & sausage. He said 'OH I loooove Sage." I laughed my head off. Guys we are talking about a 25 year old. One that has cooked for himself regularly.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Oh the joys of cooking with the younger generation! My nephew from near Des Moines drove up yesterday...one of our conversations was on how to fast cook his bacon and scrambled eggs for the mass production of breakfast burritos that he freezes for quick meals...yes he is resourceful. He cooks the bacon in the oven while he scrambles the eggs. I shared with him how to make the bacon cooking go faster...that is make crosswise cuts (1" or so) in the unwrapped package of bacon and throw that in the skillet (this is a faster method for making crumbled bacon)...then he finished my thoughts by saying he could then use that skillet to make his eggs. Was fun to have him around... also spent some time helping outside with MrOk and FarmerSon. He left early this afternoon to get home before the snow sets in...don't think he will spend the snowstorm in his "quilt room" though QNS!

Wisconsonites left yesterday afternoon. FarmerSon and family feasting on the "other side" today so a quiet house now. Maybe will get some sewing in!
Old 11-24-2018, 11:07 AM

Progress in the QR, on the BS quilt Christmas themed is turning into a scrappy quilt of different blocks:[ATTACH=CONFIG]604380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]604381[/ATTACH]And traditional colors:[ATTACH=CONFIG]604382[/ATTACH]Five blocks made of these.[ATTACH=CONFIG]604383[/ATTACH] After all day in the kitchen on Wednesday and having a sore finger from chopping so many things, and cooking on Thursday morning for a quickly passing meal time, I am avoiding any kitchen extensive work since. Casseroles were good, dressing fair, and turkey uncooked. A quick trip to the microwave solved the turkey problem that I have never had before. Three pies: Cherry, Apple, and Pumpkin that DH had to have. And he has almost eaten all of them...his brother did take home a 'sack' of food to eat later. Chickens and ducks dined on the 'leftovers', and cats got an extra meal of cat food. So glad I don't have to go out into freezing temperatures or blizzards. Every one take care in the colder weather.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0990.jpg   dscn0992.jpg   dscn0994.jpg   dscn0994-001.jpg  
Old 11-24-2018, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

We had leftovers too, QNS. Not too many sweets and they are all gone now.

Nice BS blocks...maybe I will go work on mine! thanks for the push to that project...