Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hand Quilting >

Hand Quilting

Hand Quilting

Old 09-23-2010, 02:07 AM

I love hand applique but I cannot do the quilting. I do love the quilts you showed. I will have to find the patterns to put them altogether into amazing quilts.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:13 AM

I LOVE your quilts! And YAY for hand quilting! I am also a hand quilter... and I am disappointed when I go to a large quilt show and only find two quilts that have been hand quilted! I am especially disappointed to find that most quilters have someone else do their machine quilting for them. To me, that just reflects our emphasis on speed rather than on process. Your work is beautiful. Keep it up! Do you have a blog?

"Bars With Stars" Hand Quilted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97500[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97495.jpe  
Old 09-23-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
What is happening to handwork? All we see now at quilt shows is machine work. I am keeping up the best I can to show handwork as the way to go. But I know the big machine makers are pushing for machine work to sell their goods. I love the intricate designs they make on the heavily machine quilted quilts and think its a real work of art. But to take a hand pieced old fabric quilt top and hit it with a bunch of loops on a machine breaks my heart. Each way has its own field. I wished someone would put handwork areas of the quilt shows to show off the hard work we hand quilters do. Here are a few of my hand quilted items I hope you like. I wonder what others have to say about it. I know when I talk to other hand quilters, they feel the same way and we are not noticed for the hard work. Keep up the good work all you hand quilters. And keep up the great art of the small machine designs that are so beautiful. But the whip em out big loops don't do a thing for me. I wonder what you all think.
I think your work is amazing. Thay do have a section and awards at the quilt shows I have gone to for hand quilting. I use to hand quilt and looking at your work is makeing me think about going back to it again. Beautiful work. :thumbup:
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 AM

The hand quilting pictured continues to blow my mind! It's beautiful! I have a new found desire to try it out this winter... you know, once we're below 90 degrees! ha ha!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 AM

Your quilts are stunning. I am another hand-quilter. I find it very relaxing. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 AM

I hand quilt too but but nothing like yours! Just beautiful!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:58 AM

I would love to do this but I am so chicken.......The thought of hand quilting is just overwhelming to me. I have the hoop, the needles, the thread.....chicken, chicken, chicken. Scaredy cat chicken.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:10 AM

bob1414, it's good to see your face again. Any more bali batiks , etc.?
Back to the subject, I cannot believe these are hand-quilted. How long does it take to quilt one? Just fantastic to look at. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 AM

Wanted to share this hand quilted one I did for my daughter's wedding. I enjoyed making it and managed to get it done in one and a half years; only 6 months after the wedding. She said she was able to enjoy it more then as she didn't have as much going on!

Baltimore Album Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99916[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-99911.jpe  
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
What is happening to handwork? All we see now at quilt shows is machine work. I am keeping up the best I can to show handwork as the way to go. But I know the big machine makers are pushing for machine work to sell their goods. I love the intricate designs they make on the heavily machine quilted quilts and think its a real work of art. But to take a hand pieced old fabric quilt top and hit it with a bunch of loops on a machine breaks my heart. Each way has its own field. I wished someone would put handwork areas of the quilt shows to show off the hard work we hand quilters do. Here are a few of my hand quilted items I hope you like. I wonder what others have to say about it. I know when I talk to other hand quilters, they feel the same way and we are not noticed for the hard work. Keep up the good work all you hand quilters. And keep up the great art of the small machine designs that are so beautiful. But the whip em out big loops don't do a thing for me. I wonder what you all think.
OMG!!! WOW!!! Your Quilts are Absolutely Beautiful, Stunning, Wonderful work!!! :thumbup: :XD: :wink: :mrgreen: