Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 03:50 PM

you know what? I think i figured it out...it isn`t the backgroud nor the color of the font that is the problem...i just think the writing is too wide across...your eyes have to go from one end of the screen to the other...i think the writing shouldn`t be any widder than the width of a book.....that is my opinion....ok, i know my opinion doesn`t count for much...ha ha ha, but i do think it would be easier to read if it wasn`t as wide....
Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
I'll go first, I can not stand the WHITE background. Please see if they can change it to a soft yellow or a pale green. I saw a post that they had darkened it down, but I can't tell enough of a difference. Thanks, Becky.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:12 PM

Before you had Pictures of Quilts right below the Main posts. I haven't yet found that. Nor have I found all the the many Classifieds that used to be posted on the Board. There were usually about 10 a day - I haven't found any yet. Those are my main gripes about the new Board.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
With all the bickering back & forth, including me, maybe we could list one thing that we don't like. I am asking you to please read all the post & not to double post what someone else has said. I want to also do a " Like" topic. Then maybe Patrice can simply go through and help us all out without being so overwelmed. If you think we have headaches, can you image what she must be going through. So lets see if we can be a fun friendly board again. I don't want anyone to leave. Thanks, Becky.
I think the question should be "name one thing you do like" There would be less posts to get through
Old 11-05-2011, 04:29 PM

I LOVED the old format...categories for quilting topics, non-quilting topics, photos, recipes, and plenty of tutorials....it's all too confusing now. I don't spend as much time here as I used to....and I wonder if anyone cares.....
Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

I can't think of anything, sorry.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:49 PM

All the griping. Please folks give it a go. We all had to learn the original board and we will all learn this one too. Think how much smarter you will feel once you master it. Most of us don't like change but things change so fast these days, (especially computers) we have to keep up with technology or we will be considered living in the dark ages. All those members who say they are too old to change or learn new things, I bet you said that before you learned to use the computer. Now look how far you've come. Hang in there, ask questions of other members, just as always. There will be some one to help. I thought that's what we all loved about QB, the fact that the members were always willing to help.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:59 PM

I don't like anything about it. I was use to the old one and I think it was much easier to navigate.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:02 PM

I love the look of the new board! By making my settings the advance setting, I'm now able to play with fonts and the color of the font which can make it easier to distinguish from a copy post.

Also love that I can customize my profile page and make an album.
Like the bar at bottom of page that had the word "top", just click it and it takes you to top of page.
Like the bright blue recent topics button on the top right.

Also like that I can set settings for "no signatures". Lots of folks' signatures are longer than their posts and I dislike that waste.

Just some of the cool features that I have discovered.

Plus, the board is so much safer versus the old board!

Last edited by vintagemotif; 11-05-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
The search feature, I'm finding, is set up a bit oddly right now. I tried an advanced search to find a Folded Dalah (is this a real item) and got nothing. I did a search on a Singer 15-91 and got everything ever written!
When you go to 'Advanced Search' there are 2 tabs at teh top. right now it (for me, on my computer) is defaulting to Search Multiple Content Types. I couldn't find anything. I toggled to Search Single Content Types. Under that tab the forums are broken down into sections so you can search only the forum pertaining to what you are looking for. I chose Tutorials but no results for a Folded Dalah.
It should be spelled Folded Dahlia.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
I love the look of the new board! By making my settings the advance setting, I'm now able to play with fonts and the color of the font which can make it easier to distinguish from a copy post.

Also love that I can customize my profile page and make an album.
Like the bar at bottom of page that had the word "top", just click it and it takes you to top of page.
Like the bright blue recent topics button on the top right.

Also like that I can set settings for "no signatures". Lots of folks' signatures are longer than their posts and I dislike that waste.

Just some of the cool features that I have discovered.

Plus, the board is so much safer versus the old board!
Where do you go to change font color etc? Also, I don't have a "long" signature but can't seem to get it to show up anymore.