Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 02-26-2016, 04:53 AM

i got the white russian doll outfit hand washed (Fur border) and air dried. It came out great and then she got placed with the rest of the dolls so that display area is finally organized. Now I just want to make some mylar boxes for them so they don't get so dusty.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:55 AM
Banned

The shelves I ordered a couple weeks ago arrived yesterday,
and I put 4 on one of the shelving units, that leaves me with
6 shelves to put in place.

But I KNOW that there is NO WAY that even 1/4 of my fabric
is going to all fit on the shelves. So I am going to TRY and do
some MAJOR destashing.

My (hopefully) goal is to get my stash down to fitting on the
shelves that I have, without having to buy more, but I don't
think that is even possible.

Reason I don't think it is possible is because I still haven't even
folded/sorted half my bins yet.

But I will post pictures again soon.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:05 PM

Can't wait to see the pics Quilty. This thread has really helped inspire me to get more organized in general.

Rob
Old 02-26-2016, 12:19 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543546[/ATTACH]
Ok, contrary to what you might think these are better than they were. I was neatening up before my boomerang squares came. For some reason a bomb always goes off in there at Christmas time. Reds, yellow/orange/Browns, greens & purples are all relatively in their own box. Blues were too overwhelming to continue besides I found the 2 pieces I needed to finish my placemat! Now to put the boxes & the flat folds back where they belong! I didn't time it because subconsciously I was looking hopefully for the specific fabric I needed!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

I would sew love to get into my sewing area to organize...instead I cleaned off my farm desk...now to file 2015 tax receipts and records as I mailed off our voucher today...
Old 02-27-2016, 02:02 PM

I was able to quickly find some green to bind a second blanket in my fabric drawers. This being organized is cool except when i lose something. This time it was the tape measure. Somehow it ended up on top of the button organizer. Don't ask I haven't a clue how it climbed up there.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 AM

Default Oh where oh where can that index card be????

Does this sound familiar??? I had taken an index card with me to the Houston Quilt Market in October with a few items on it. There was only one item left on that list that I didn't pick up but I knew the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show (just this past weekend) would be coming soon. Do you think I could find the index card and the three patterns? NOOOOOOOOOO! So I moved everything but the furniture and fabric in the cubes out of my sewing room yesterday morning, vacuumed, dusted and organized the whole room. Low and behold as I was putting the stuff back in- there was the index card (and the three patterns that I needed) sitting right on top of a stack of fabric in the large 16 cube unit. I had been looking for a Ziploc bag with the stuff in it. Apparently, I took it out of the Ziploc at some point! Anyway, I did get that one item on my list at the show yesterday- a Deb Tucker Ruler. While the room is cleared of ongoing projects, I thought I would share a couple of photos of the main area where I sew. I keep books, solid fabric and larger yardage in a two-sided walk through closet that goes into the attic space. Those suitcases in the alcove contain scrap batting, muslin, and vintage yardage. By tomorrow, I will be back at the machine for some fabric therapy.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-room-2.29.16.jpg   sewing-room-2-2.29.16.jpg   sewing-room-3-2.29.16.jpg  
Old 02-29-2016, 03:20 PM

Wow! Love your space! I worked on mine for most of the morning. I can''t bring myself to sew in there until it's neater. I can only handle clutter for just so long before I can't stand it any more. That'so my story and I'm sticking to it! Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:30 PM

AUquilter, I love the way you have organized your fabrics in the shelf (and I love the fabrics, as well). It looks so tidy and handy. I'm sure you'll enjoy working there!

The twister quilt in the wall is very very pretty too.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:34 PM

Good job, AUQ. The fabrics looks great. Glad you found your missing index card and patterns, too. That's always a wonderful byproduct to deep cleaning--you find SOMETHING that went AWOL.