Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 07-02-2016, 03:38 PM

Oops - forgot to say I got this one at Harbor Freight with a coupon!
Old 07-03-2016, 01:56 AM

Excellent purchase. That may have to be a birthday present to me from me. lol.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:09 AM

That looks like a great solution! Wish I had room for it here.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Just ordered this product from Paperpieces.com. It's Polar Notions fabric board (organizers). I plan on storing my large yardage on these and hopefully they will "stack" better in my plastic storage bins. Take a look at them...they are acid-free and made of plastic. I'll see how they work.

Until they arrive, my organization task is finishing up and mailing some quilts. I have 4 quilts completely done (waiting for the other 3 to be finished before mailing starts), 1 of the 3 to put binding on, 2 of the 3 to quilt and bind. Then, I have 2 more wall-hanging quilts to wash and mail and 2 to quilt and bind. As you can tell, I am holding off on the mailing......it might be cheaper to visit them in person!

Then, my sewing room will be so much clearer and the bed in the spare bedroom will be "sleepable". P.S. I have guests coming August 4th.....so now, I have a target date to get all those finished! Yikes! ! ! ! !

What is everyone working on this week?
Old 07-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

Rolling cart looks like a great idea, NoraB...Smart MrNoraB you have there...a keeper for sure...

I'm trying to get some projects done, but did get my loose HST's organized...I get lots of them from friends...they work great in my small quilts..when I get tired of HST squares, I make FG blocks. Also sorted organized my RWB fabrics...needs to come up with a nice scrap quilt for QOV.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Rolling cart looks like a great idea, NoraB...Smart MrNoraB you have there...a keeper for sure...

I'm trying to get some projects done, but did get my loose HST's organized...I get lots of them from friends...they work great in my small quilts..when I get tired of HST squares, I make FG blocks. Also sorted organized my RWB fabrics...needs to come up with a nice scrap quilt for QOV.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:34 AM

Well I've reorganized the flowers in the grandma's flower garden yet again. I may be doing that right up until I start on the boarder. Or at least that is beginning to be one of my worries. I have all the supplies for the classes bought and put in little piles. Now I just need totes for each one. Time to sew I guess.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:37 AM

Does anyone have any tips for organizing a space shared with cats?
Old 07-12-2016, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Closed containers. I don't have cats. I have a dog and even his fur will float. He doesn't like my sewing machines I use Swiffer a lot. DH built me a large storage cabinet and that has helped a lot. I have had cats and really got tired of them deciding when or not they chose to use the litter box. They were spayed and still chose to mark their territory. Just soyou know I changed the litter box often. They're probably both dead by now. that was over 25 years ago. Will not have nother one.
Originally Posted by Sarah.B View Post
Does anyone have any tips for organizing a space shared with cats?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Closed containers. I don't have cats. I have a dog and even his fur will float. He doesn't like my sewing machines I use Swiffer a lot. DH built me a large storage cabinet and that has helped a lot.
Thank you! I appreciate the advice 😀