Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart is selling fabrics ONLINE! >

Walmart is selling fabrics ONLINE!

Walmart is selling fabrics ONLINE!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:48 PM

Hmmmmm......I would only be interested if they are from quality makers. Otherwise, I need to "feel" my fabrics so I can check them to see how good they really are. I guess you could say I'm a touchy-feely kind of person!!! :D
Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 PM

Wal Mart does sell some fabrics that are really on the cheap. Lately our local store has been getting fabric that isn't even wound on the bolt neatly and makes a real mess when the clearks put no effort into cutting the fabric correctly. If I don't watch I get ill cut fabric. They do have some very pretty fabrics in right now, but I haven't taken the time to look at them because our store is in the middle of a remodel.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
I'll bet if Walmart got their heads on straight...they could easily be the number one online fabric retailer with good fabrics, of course, and the site to store free shipping. Hope someone from Walmart is LISTENING! LOL
You would be surprised how well corprate Wal Mart does listen. Drop them an email and let them know what you think. I have on a number of issues and gotten a responce by seeing more of the item in store and personal responce from local manager concerning the issue. Give it a try you may be surprised.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by JUNEC
Am I reading this correctly - they are selling 2 yards of this fabric for $7.97?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Creative-C...Multi/16422274

Is this the 3rd rate material you are talking about???

Here is something about Springs Creative

http://www.springscreative.com/news/...le-at-walmart/
Did you notice the Cotton Muslin 108 wide, 3 yards for 5.94??? AM I reading that right???
Old 04-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by valsma
Wal Mart does sell some fabrics that are really on the cheap. Lately our local store has been getting fabric that isn't even wound on the bolt neatly and makes a real mess when the clearks put no effort into cutting the fabric correctly. If I don't watch I get ill cut fabric. They do have some very pretty fabrics in right now, but I haven't taken the time to look at them because our store is in the middle of a remodel.
Our Walmart has gotten some really pretty fabric in, I'm no expert on fabric but it looks and feels very good to me!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
Originally Posted by valsma
Our Walmart has gotten some really pretty fabric in, I'm no expert on fabric but it looks and feels very good to me!
Ours as well! I have been very pleased with some of it!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I did not need to know that. LOL!!
I didn't either!!! LOL!!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 PM

We no longer have bolts but hanging 2yd coordinating pieces . I haven't bought any but they do have some pretty prints. Don't know the quality.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:56 PM

I had made a post about our walmart store. We still have fabric, I did not notice anything coming in. I did notice on one side of the aisle they were putting up chains, clasps and items that due with jewlery making. They did have these items before. We did notice they were bringing back items, but, so far not much of a change in our fabric dept. So time will tell. I will look at the Walmart online. It's worth a looksy
Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
BMP

Havent been to WM in weeks, I guess its time to go and ck thing out !